Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sooo... Why is it so hard for some of you ladies to believe that...

Posted by   + Show Post

Some women hate breast feeding?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ciuplys
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM
It's not for everybody!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:30 AM
This except with my youngest. I tried I really did but every time he latched on I started to resent him. I made the switch and things got instantly better.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't stand breastfeeding. I know all the pros. I tried really hard with my first & just couldn't handle it.

Couldn't care less who likes it or not.

It was either be horribly miserable or not. *shrugs
jesistar6910
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe it. My sister hated every second of it. Whenever my nephew got hungry, I could see the look of dread on her face. He had no trouble latching, and she had a good supply, she just did not like it. One bit.

Some women just can't shake off their "holier than thou because I bewb feed" attitude and show compassion or empathy to their fellow moms.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM

i hated it, but i nursed mine, wish i nursed my boys longer tho, even tho i hated it, lol.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I'm all for breastfeeding but I don't think it's healthy to make yourself. I think that's a no-no. If you want to great, spectacular even!! If not, don't.

1stpreggers
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see how someone could hate doing what's best for their child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by Kusabi on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM
I believe it. The little while I did it felt uncomfortable as hell for me. It's just not for everyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM
I'm not really all that surprised by that. Eh I bf but its what I wanted to do nothing more nothing less.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
It isn't hard for me to believe it. I'm one of those moms who hated doing it, so didn't.
pauliewogmamma
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I believe that some people hate it. I was lucky enough with both of my babies that it came easily for us. I had no problems with latching, supply, or anything. My only problem was that my yo best REFUSED a bottle. Pumped or formula did not matter. Fortunately it was not necessary for her to "get used to it" since I was able to stay home. I just never got to leave her for more than an hour or two for a lonnnng time. 

But I do understand that not everyone has it that easy, and difficulties breast feeding will certai ly lead to hating it. I do not, however, understand why someone would hate it if they had an easy experience? What then do you (general) hate about it if not the sometimes inherent difficulties related?

Tired of bitch groups, but still love drama and snark? Join us on Exile Island. Where EVERYONE is welcome! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN