Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sooo... Why is it so hard for some of you ladies to believe that...

Posted by   + Show Post

Some women hate breast feeding?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
elizabeth.mary
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I tried to with both of mine, but no matter how much I pumped or tried to feed them I didn't get enough milk. My older son didn't even want to BF, because the nurses made me give him bottles when he was newborn because he wasn't getting enough from me. With my second I wouldn't let ANYONE give him a bottle, but I still couldn't produce enough milk and eventually just gave up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I hated it. We only did it for three weeks but it made my anxiety sky rocket. I get anxious when i feel trapped. Having to have a baby stuck to your boob for an hour (that's how long he would nurse) every 2 hours would send me into panic attacks. I also completely lost my appetite during those 3 weeks because of my anxiety. You try nursing a newborn baby on less then 500 calories a day. See if you find that enjoyable. We switched and it was the best decision for us. I actually started to bond and truly love my baby.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:45 AM

It wasn't easy at first, but I stuck with it and ended up breastfeeding all four of my kids. I don't know why some women hate breastfeeding. It is very convenient. I can take her anywhere and have food ready to go! 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:43 AM

all ages :)

Quoting RollingStone:

At what age..?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:44 AM
3 moms liked this

Animals have been known to detach from their newborns and leave them starving and dying also.

Quoting Owl_Feather:

i guess some women find it unbelievable because it is in our dna to feed our babies. We are mammals, we have breasts, and it should be an instinct to feed our babies. Suddenly women say they hate it or they find it disgusting and those excuses seem unnatural and abnormal. I've never felt that way, so I cant say I understand why someone would feel those ways. As long as the mom gives it a chance, I give them kudos. If they say those negative things and theyve never even attempted it, I look down on them.

mylovey
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:45 AM

It is not hard for me to believe. Just because I love it, doesn't mean all women feel the same way. 

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this

A lot of women suffer from mental disorders that forcing them to BF would make things worse. Of course most people wouldn't understand that considering most people do not understand a lot of things with people that suffer from different disorders.

Quoting kmorales7690:

I believe that some women hate it, but it is in most cases best for the baby! As mothers sometimes we have to put our own feelings aside to do what is best for our child! I hate poop, but I still have to change my kids diapers, I hate waking up early in the morning, or multiple times a night, but I have to because I have to take care of my children!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:48 AM

It's not hard for me to believe!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I dont see how you have the right do think and judge and decide for another person when you have no idea what it is like for THEM.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I don't see how someone could hate doing what's best for their child.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Found it incredibly annoying, to the point where sometimes I would hate or resent it. I was prepared for the feeling, as my mother would tell me about late night feedings and being jealous of dad, who would be snoring away next to her. I found it cumbersome when I wanted to go somewhere. I didn't like the feeling that my body was not my own.
But I also hate hate changing shitty diapers, dealing with sticky fingers, stepping on legos, disciplining, and any number of things that comes with being a mother. I love motherhood, though, and that's good enough for me. Some people have their panties twisted too tight, I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)