Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sooo... Why is it so hard for some of you ladies to believe that...

Posted by   + Show Post

Some women hate breast feeding?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Replies (401-407):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I couldn't think of anything else other than breastfeeding and nourishing my baby in the most natural way just like I did when I carried them in my body. For me it was just something I wanted strongly but it was a struggle each child. I finally had a lactation nurse tell me it was okay to give up due to engorgement and blocked duct issues. So, for me I hate that I couldn't:(

jpoveda2000
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I don't hate breast feeding. I think it's much more nutritious and better for a baby. I breast feed both my kids... Until I got fever and couldn't breast feed anymore. I think all mothers should do it...  I just don't care for the pain it causes from the suction. Nor the pain of the milk in the breasts... That's murder right there. 

PaganMomma40
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:35 AM

It's not hard for me. As moms we have a damned choice, I choose to breast feed some come cannot or don't who am I to condem them? Ffs I hate that crap...I worry about mine...you worry about yours!

mamamandy420
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I didnt do my first one. I tried for a month and my nipples were just bleeding becuase i was doing it wrong. My second one is 4 months old and i ebf and i love the bonding but hate the no alone time. I dont like to pump so the two times he was watched he was given a bottle of formula, but he hated it.

Legaltype
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I didn't breast feed either. I don't see what the big deal is.

ohdiva
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM

What I find hard to believe in 2012 we as women are still concerned about what others say.  I had my youngest at age 42 and there wasn't much happening with these breast.  I did both breastfeeding and the bottle and he's on target. 

kclarsh
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM
I had the worsst time with all 3 of them for the first 3 to 5 weeks. Pain bleeding cracking baby refusing to nurse poor weight gain...with my second I pumped and bottle fed for 5 weeks before she would latch. I just hate giving up. Once it all panned out after 6 weeks it is so much easier. I don't doubt it is hard I've been there and done that. I try to tell people it will get better, just keep trying, get some help..but am I going to get down on them for not doing it? No. In the end they are the one that is dealing with it hour after hour day after day...I just encourage them to try
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)