Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sooo... Why is it so hard for some of you ladies to believe that...

Posted by   + Show Post

Some women hate breast feeding?

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Ps I'm due in two weeks with my third, and I'm both looking forward to, and dreading having to nurse the lil guy. Life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:55 AM

When I had my first I couldn't do it. It was bonding issue for me. While I loved my daughter, feeling that she is always attached to me wanted to make me just pack my bags and run. It was sort of like an anxiety issue I just couldnt do it. I did fine with her on the bottle held her with the bottle so did OTHER, point is I wasn't sole person she depended on for feeding.

With my second, I was a little more confident but I still had the anxiety issue. I did try the BF "latching" ya she had some problems they gave me things to help her latch but oh pugs... I hated it. I can't even explain it. While I did want the best for her, I did pump it lasted about three months. I was happy I was able to do three months. 

I just think its sad people just make so assumptions to people that do not breast feed. It is been well known that animals and even people have been known to abandon their new borns.

So really what would crazy BF prefer? Woman abandon the child let it die, or just find an alternative?

Alternatives has really worked wonders for a lot of people, sadly animals do not have the same benefit we do.

Quoting pauliewogmamma:

I believe that some people hate it. I was lucky enough with both of my babies that it came easily for us. I had no problems with latching, supply, or anything. My only problem was that my yo best REFUSED a bottle. Pumped or formula did not matter. Fortunately it was not necessary for her to "get used to it" since I was able to stay home. I just never got to leave her for more than an hour or two for a lonnnng time. 

But I do understand that not everyone has it that easy, and difficulties breast feeding will certai ly lead to hating it. I do not, however, understand why someone would hate it if they had an easy experience? What then do you (general) hate about it if not the sometimes inherent difficulties related?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Oh my pugs ME TOO! I just replied to another person trying to explain how much it made me feel like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. It wasnt the breast but the feeling of being trapped or always attached! You really describted me here.... Glad Im not the only one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hated it. We only did it for three weeks but it made my anxiety sky rocket. I get anxious when i feel trapped. Having to have a baby stuck to your boob for an hour (that's how long he would nurse) every 2 hours would send me into panic attacks. I also completely lost my appetite during those 3 weeks because of my anxiety. You try nursing a newborn baby on less then 500 calories a day. See if you find that enjoyable. We switched and it was the best decision for us. I actually started to bond and truly love my baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I didn't like the feeling for the longest time and wasn't sad when DD self-weaned after 1 year. I think the more difficult thing to get is why a mom won't even try. Try it and then say you don't like it/it's not for you - completely fine with that. I know I had a really hard time due to an un-diagnosed thyroid problem (which completely f**ks with your supply by the way, ended up supplementing while still BF'ing while I could) so I'm sympathetic for moms who do try and have failed no matter the reason. Not even attempting because "ewwie icky nastiness!" I have a harder time respecting because life has taught me some of the things I've been most active about avoiding - it hasn't been as horrible as I've thought and sometimes I've actually enjoyed it. (Except for Twilight. I was right about that.) Breastfeeding wasn't something I absolutely enjoyed, but I'm glad I attempted it.

1stpreggers
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:00 AM
I can think whatever i want. I'm not deciding or judging anyone. I just don't understand how they could hate nurturing their child.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont see how you have the right do think and judge and decide for another person when you have no idea what it is like for THEM.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I don't see how someone could hate doing what's best for their child.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Your comment is very ignorant and self righteous as well. I am pretty sure you are not all you are trying to display because you ASSUME if one doesn't breastfeed they must be unloving, caring, or un-nurturing parents to their children.

DAMN YOU COULDNT BE ANY MORE WRONG.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I can think whatever i want. I'm not deciding or judging anyone. I just don't understand how they could hate nurturing their child.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont see how you have the right do think and judge and decide for another person when you have no idea what it is like for THEM.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

margo2322
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:03 AM
I didn't do it! I got bashed like you can't believe and still I get bashed for it. Because my lo is pain in the butt to feed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

meh they are all a bunch of SAHM have nothing else better to do but stick their noses in other people's business trying to pretend they are perfect to the world.

Little do they know, those that are NOT perfect live longer and have more lives, like me ;)

Dont let them get to you meow, you know what is best for YOU.

Quoting margo2322:

I didn't do it! I got bashed like you can't believe and still I get bashed for it. Because my lo is pain in the butt to feed

margo2322
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:06 AM
I did. No bf for me.. Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

meh they are all a bunch of SAHM have nothing else better to do but stick their noses in other people's business trying to pretend they are perfect to the world.

Little do they know, those that are NOT perfect live longer and have more lives, like me ;)

Dont let them get to you meow, you know what is best for YOU.

Quoting margo2322:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmc.momma
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I don't either. I understand it being uncomfortable, but to say you absolutly hate it?? Makes me wonder what would happen if we didn't have formula to fall back on, what then??

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)