Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going out on ''Grey Thursday''?

I told my husband that Target is now going to open the doors at 9:00 pm on Thursday(Thanksgiving). He didn't like that...lol. He said ''What a dumb idea, so what we're going to have a Grey Thursday and a Black Friday?''. Lol
Are any of you going out? Are there any other stores besides Target, and Walmart that are opening on Thursday? 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope, not on Black Friday either, and it is really stupid to call it Gray Thursday. Black Friday refers to stores getting "in the black" regarding money taken in from sales of merchandise. This is as asinine as calling anything with drama "____gate" 

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate that it is opening on Thanksgiving!! But yes, we are getting suckered into going so we can get a PS3! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Yes I am. I'll be at target, thanksgiving is overrated in my eyes.
ChelseySpelsey
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Negative. I'm gonna be sittin' my happy ass at home eating leftovers and watching the news about everyone who DID go out on Thanksgiving day & the same goes for Friday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annhart19
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I don't want to either. My husband wants to go but I'm like no way am I dragging my butt out of bed to go stand in the cold

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Im not going ANYWHERE lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hierophant85
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I work Thursday night so I will be sleeping Friday. I wouldn't go out anyway its too much madness for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Lol...I understand why it is called Black Friday. My husband was joking around, and I thought if I put it in the title more people would read the post. I'll let him know he's stupid for calling it that though. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not on Black Friday either, and it is really stupid to call it Gray Thursday. Black Friday refers to stores getting "in the black" regarding money taken in from sales of merchandise. This is as asinine as calling anything with drama "____gate" 

Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Yes not to buy anything just to see how nuts it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy980106
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM
We used to do Black Friday, but I think interrupting Thanksgiving for a few sales is not for me. This year we will sleep in, go have a late breakfast, then shop when the stores have cleared out a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM

We did that last year. SO much nicer than fighting the crowds.

Quoting Mommy980106:

We used to do Black Friday, but I think interrupting Thanksgiving for a few sales is not for me. This year we will sleep in, go have a late breakfast, then shop when the stores have cleared out a bit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN