Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going out on ''Grey Thursday''?

I told my husband that Target is now going to open the doors at 9:00 pm on Thursday(Thanksgiving). He didn't like that...lol. He said ''What a dumb idea, so what we're going to have a Grey Thursday and a Black Friday?''. Lol
Are any of you going out? Are there any other stores besides Target, and Walmart that are opening on Thursday? 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM

oh yeah, we'll be out

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I'll be out! Walmart has some TV I would like to try and get. $200 for a 40 inch. Heck yeah.

But then again I think Thanksgiving is stupid. I don't believe in dictating just one day to be overly thankful. I'm thankful every single day and I show those around me that every chance I get.

Quatrekins
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Michael's is also open on Thursday, I believe. I will be staying at my parents house, babysitting my two nieces overnight and throught he next day while my parents, younger sister, and brother-in-law all go shopping. :)

MichaelsMom0711
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Lol, ur husband is so right when he referred to the day that is supposed to be Thanksgiving as Grey Thursday!! my mom and I were just talking about this the other day. She got a flyer from Kohl's that they will be opening at midnight thurs. night/Fri. morning. I feel bad for the employees at all these stores, they wont even get to enjoy their thanksgiving! And i have alwasy loved Thanksgiving and it was always such a family holiday and now its so over-shadowed my black friday that it seems like by the time my son is old enough to realize which holidays mean what, he is going to look at it as more of a "Black Friday Eve" than a holiday itself!!
unusualmom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

No. I am spending time with my kids...watching the macys parade, eating and doing some minimal c-mas decorating.  I am also not going out on Black friday. I actually have opted to work...but Im not in retail.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

haha ia saw this earlier and thought you meant grey thrusday because that is the day greys anaomy comes on-lol. i was thinking... wow this lady must be really dedicated to that show-lol, then i just saw it and it clicked... clever. Yes we will be going out. i hate what its become though i always looked forward to getting up at 3 at going out friday now you go out after eatting dinner.... tsktsk!

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I will get up and go feed the homeless and then come home and make our dinner I do not however plan to go to any stores. I feel they should film the mobs of insane folks in those stores so us sane folks at home can see all the nuts go ape!

Clei420
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol...I saw Grey and thought you were talking about Grey's Anatomy...lmbo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bitchess
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I don't do Black Friday, nor am I going to go out shopping on Thursday either. I will be busy enjoying my food coma :)

boo   Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Clei420
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Lol I did too

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

haha ia saw this earlier and thought you meant grey thrusday because that is the day greys anaomy comes on-lol. i was thinking... wow this lady must be really dedicated to that show-lol, then i just saw it and it clicked... clever. Yes we will be going out. i hate what its become though i always looked forward to getting up at 3 at going out friday now you go out after eatting dinner.... tsktsk!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)