Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you going out on ''Grey Thursday''?

I told my husband that Target is now going to open the doors at 9:00 pm on Thursday(Thanksgiving). He didn't like that...lol. He said ''What a dumb idea, so what we're going to have a Grey Thursday and a Black Friday?''. Lol
Are any of you going out? Are there any other stores besides Target, and Walmart that are opening on Thursday? 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
MrsSamMerlotte
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Lets get thus straight... I aint goin to any store on thanksgiving or the day after lol.
But seriously, those are the days I plan on spending with my family. Friday we will be making cookies, decorating and watching a christmas movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Ugh. This makes me sad. I work at Kohls and we always follow Target. The year Target decided to open at midnight they decided like the week before Thanksgiving they would too. Managers were frantic trying to find people to come in. I really hope they keep it at midnight.

KimberlyDoll
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah exactly! I am not prepared to deal with crazies alone!

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Yeah, I don't think I would ever go by myself! Way too many people, and they get crazy! lol

Quoting KimberlyDoll:

I'm not sure yet. I'd like to do some shopping Thursday night or early Friday morning but I'm not doing it by myself lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM

It is too early. I read it as the media calling it Grey Thursday. I didn't call him stupid, just the idea of calling Thanksgiving "Grey Thursday."

I love the Christmas season but miss when other holidays could be celebrated without rushing around for materialistic items and hate that companies keep trying to start the shopping season earlier every year.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Lol...I understand why it is called Black Friday. My husband was joking around, and I thought if I put it in the title more people would read the post. I'll let him know he's stupid for calling it that though. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not on Black Friday either, and it is really stupid to call it Gray Thursday. Black Friday refers to stores getting "in the black" regarding money taken in from sales of merchandise. This is as asinine as calling anything with drama "____gate" 

Melanie420
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Well me and my sister decided we are gonna see who can eat the most on thansgiving so ill be in bed about to explode
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Yeah I miss it, too.

I hope the media doesn't start calling it that, I told my husband he was a weirdo when he said it. It doesn't sound right! :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

It is too early. I read it as the media calling it Grey Thursday. I didn't call him stupid, just the idea of calling Thanksgiving "Grey Thursday."

I love the Christmas season but miss when other holidays could be celebrated without rushing around for materialistic items and hate that companies keep trying to start the shopping season earlier every year.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

Lol...I understand why it is called Black Friday. My husband was joking around, and I thought if I put it in the title more people would read the post. I'll let him know he's stupid for calling it that though. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, not on Black Friday either, and it is really stupid to call it Gray Thursday. Black Friday refers to stores getting "in the black" regarding money taken in from sales of merchandise. This is as asinine as calling anything with drama "____gate" 

dee1603
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Nope. Sure not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I hope they keep it at midnight, too. Do you have to work on Black Friday?

Quoting liveforever:

Ugh. This makes me sad. I work at Kohls and we always follow Target. The year Target decided to open at midnight they decided like the week before Thanksgiving they would too. Managers were frantic trying to find people to come in. I really hope they keep it at midnight.

RLT2
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM

No fucking way, I avoid that shit like the plague! I 'm  home shopping online!

idee
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM

No, I avoid crowds at every possible moment. I have seen some videos of people getting trampled and I would get agitated at someone snatching something from me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured