Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you going out on ''Grey Thursday''?

I told my husband that Target is now going to open the doors at 9:00 pm on Thursday(Thanksgiving). He didn't like that...lol. He said ''What a dumb idea, so what we're going to have a Grey Thursday and a Black Friday?''. Lol
Are any of you going out? Are there any other stores besides Target, and Walmart that are opening on Thursday? 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
bozobean
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM

No. This is craziness, and why I've shopped early already and will be giving gift cards as well.

ferne3
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Ha ha.  I HATE shopping and this is the worst.  Crowds make me claustrophobic and people are insane.  The funny thing is, except one or two doorbusters, which are generally items I don't need anyway, you can find better prices non-black friday.  In fact, I just saw an article a couple of weeks ago comparing black friday pricing to other sales and oftern black friday's prices are HIGHER because the people who go shopping then assume it is cheaper and don't research.  If I REALLY want something or are looking for a deal, I am all about cyber Monday.  Why should I deal with the lack of sleep, hostility, tension and frightful people that make it out to these when I can mosey over to my trusty ol' computer, plunk down in my ratty bathrobe, slippers and rollers (Ok I don't wear rollers but I just liked the imagery) with a hot cup of joe - a few clicks and I am done and the packages are on the way - usually free shiping that day anyway.

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Hell no.

There is not a damn sale worth dealing with the crowds and taking time away from my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM

The only Grey thing i will be doing on Thursday is watching the new Greys anatomy episode... i dont participate in the crazy shopping days... people start acting like monkeys.. it's quite embarrasing.. 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM

No, I will not be going out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting alwayskk:

9 am? I thought target opened earlier than 9 am anyway?

she said pm??

alwayskk
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alwayskk:

9 am? I thought target opened earlier than 9 am anyway?

she said pm??

When this was originally posted, she did not have PM, it just said 9 without AM or PM. She said later in the post that she corrected it :)

1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM

We're not Black Friday (or Grey Thursday lol) shopping this year. Instead we are saving to go home for Christmas and surprise our family (if the weather isn't too bad to drive that is). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Negative. I will hide in my house like a recluse through both of those days! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)