Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

god didnt care for 98000 years what makes you think he does now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:40 AM
*rolls eyes* No God Complex, lol! Anyway, like I said, have a nice day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol the post isnt dead just bc you say/want it to be... talk about God-complex

Quoting Anonymous:

Who am I defending? No one? The point is, it could have been kept neutral. The post is dead now, so thank you, have a nice day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because i wanted (and got) something more than textbooks answers and more than just one side... and dont speak to me of Tact when you are defending a notorious offensive group of people (in general)

Quoting Anonymous:

Based on your answers to others, it appears that you don't believe in God. So, if you wanted to learn how others believe, why post a paragraph from some guy whose stance is obviously against God? Most people who post this kind of stuff, do it for drama. "Christian bash post" for fun. Maybe show some more tact when you want to learn about something.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who said I didnt believe in God?

And quite the contary I am learning stuff in the post, how other people view God and the history, Why people believe the way they do and how deep it goes... such as the belief that God gives drs the knowledge ti heal, that they find it discouraging to not believe in Heaven...

Learninh isnt resrricted to just facts and words, it extends to feelings and thoughts

Quoting Anonymous:

Right, that's believable. What have you learned in this post? Did you have a specific question? You don't believe in God others do. This topic is a dead horse. I doubt you want to learn anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Congratulations on being an asshole! I was just sharing something I found and thought was a good debate point... nothing wrong with using a statement even from a "known idiot" as you say as a jump off for learning something... but then Im not a close minded fool who doesnt believe in learning anything.

Quoting Nunyabusiness:

Congratulations on using a well known moron's opinion. Why dont you be a big girl now and use your own words?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Im so sorry for your loss... its hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

My 19 year old cousin committed suicide. She believed in God. In terms of him giving her what she needed he would have, had she made the choice to do it. She lived in a horrible enviroment and she had been given the choice by several of her family to get out. She chose not too and instead of things getting better it kept getting worse for her. Instead of seeing her beautiful smile, I have a tattoo in memory of her. I'm going to get it for this but some and I say some could avoid bad things happening had they made better choices. The 16 year old girl in high school who lost her life on an automobile accident because she decided to race her friend and lost control of her car. My granddad who died from emphysema because he was a chain smoker in his younger years. Look on the things you're questioning about and see if there were choices made that lead to those consequences. Now, for the children or adults who suffer with life threatening diseases, yes, even I wonder why it happens to them.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Gives you what you need? Tell that to people who have committed suicide.

Oh. Wait.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

But why do some people get miracles and some don't. There are believers who have nothing but bad things happen and believers who have miracles. Why do you think you were deserving of "gods" miracles but say another believer of equal faith wasn't?

Because G-d gives you what you NEED, not what makes your life nice and comfy. We all need to grow, to learn and to achieve spiritual corrections. G-d gives you the tools and challenges to achieve that. So if a "miracle" is going to ultimately be detrimental to your well-being, He's not gonna give it to you, just as any loving father doesn't go around hanging out candy 24/7 because it makes his kids happy. He knows better what they NEED, which is usually the opposite of what they WANT.

So it's not "deserving  in the sense of being better. It's "deserving" in the sense that miracle was beneficial for the person's spiritual development.

Sharon

Very well said!

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Quite the contrary actually. Your video won't load btw.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Anyway op, I think most people will believe whatever makes them happy. Even though no evidence supports that the Bible or other holy text is real and has been debunked since it was created.

Actually... no.

Sharon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Ok nm it loaded. I'm not going to sit through 59 minutes of regurgitated apologetics that have been dismissed by the scientific community for ages. I've heard it all. I used to be a devout christian that sought any piece of information that would convince me that the bible wasnt bullshit. after researching on my own and going to a baptist university i accepted that it was just an ancient myth. You can find material online that supports it. If you choose to ignore it, then that's typical, not surprising and entirely on you.

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Quite the contrary actually. Your video won't load btw.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Anyway op, I think most people will believe whatever makes them happy. Even though no evidence supports that the Bible or other holy text is real and has been debunked since it was created.

Actually... no.

Sharon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Well, unlike others I still believe in God.  Sometimes things happen in life that can't be explained.  I still have faith & know he cares :)

Quoting Anonymous:

My understanding it that there is no god, it makes perfect sense.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

You know.  I put up there on my reply that I don't always understand things that happen and this is one of them.  I've struggled with my faith for a long time in the past..  Like wondering why God doesn't heal his people?  I still don't fully understand it.

Quoting unusualmom:

My dad has this way of thinking. He always asks...ie: my cousin - if he was a preacher for 20 years then why did God give him cancer at 19?

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Same here!!

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

The lack of a god is sooooooo obvious I have a hard time taking believers seriously.

Emilytrademark
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

There are many reasons to believe in "God" or a spiritual force or deity. There are many reasons to NOT believe in the Christian story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:17 PM
How do you know he cares?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Well, unlike others I still believe in God.  Sometimes things happen in life that can't be explained.  I still have faith & know he cares :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

You know.  I put up there on my reply that I don't always understand things that happen and this is one of them.  I've struggled with my faith for a long time in the past..  Like wondering why God doesn't heal his people?  I still don't fully understand it.

Quoting unusualmom:

My dad has this way of thinking. He always asks...ie: my cousin - if he was a preacher for 20 years then why did God give him cancer at 19?

MaileysMommy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

My God has always cared!  :)  And you know what?  Even though things happen in my life that I don't quite understand..  I still have faith & know he cares! 

I couldn't agree with this more <3

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Because I just know he does :)  Faith is a must when it comes to knowing God.  Yes, I struggle but I have faith and know he cares about me regardless of what I do.  He loves everyone.....  as the saying goes he hates the sin but LOVES the sinner (as in the person.. as in his children) yes everyone whether you're saved or not.  

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you know he cares?

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Quoting unusualmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured