Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

god didnt care for 98000 years what makes you think he does now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (161-170):
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Just because you have faith, that doesn't spare you from bad things happening to you. Bad things happen to everyone, religious or not. It's not like God says "Oh, she's a believer. She will pass peacefully in her sleep. BUT THIS GUY. MAN HE HATES ME. SO I'M GOING TO CAST LIGHTENING OUT OF THE SKY AND MURDER HIS ASS"

Doesn't work that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did my gma die a slow painful death when she spent her whole life a Godly woman living by his scripture? I think the same thing.

mrscass0416
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This made me LOL.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Just because you have faith, that doesn't spare you from bad things happening to you. Bad things happen to everyone, religious or not. It's not like God says "Oh, she's a believer. She will pass peacefully in her sleep. BUT THIS GUY. MAN HE HATES ME. SO I'M GOING TO CAST LIGHTENING OUT OF THE SKY AND MURDER HIS ASS"

Doesn't work that way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did my gma die a slow painful death when she spent her whole life a Godly woman living by his scripture? I think the same thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I don't get people with that way of thinking. Like "Hmm if I am a good Christian God-loving person nothing bad will happen to me"

No, bad things happen to everyone, regardless. Life's a bitch and then you die lol.

Quoting mrscass0416:

This made me LOL.

night.magic
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't forget to blame Satan for the negatives in your lives, the world tragedies, diseases etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Except that most Christians believe the world to be only barely more than 6,000 years old, so your main point is moot.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Quoting Sailor_nena:

"Quite the contrary actually. Your video won't load btw."

Funny, it's loading for many people who PMed me loving it.
But here's a transcript with a link to both audio and video.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/proof-torah-true/

Sharon
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I already replied to you. It loaded. Nothing more than regurgitated apologetics.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Sailor_nena:

"Quite the contrary actually. Your video won't load btw."

Funny, it's loading for many people who PMed me loving it.

But here's a transcript with a link to both audio and video.

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/proof-torah-true/

Sharon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Quoting Sailor_nena:

"I already replied to you. It loaded. Nothing more than regurgitated apologetics."

Yeah, don't worry. I didn't expect an actual rebuttal of the facts presented there. I just expected something vague and dismissive and you delivered that quite beautifully, LOL.

Sharon
nworlnslady
by Laura on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:57 PM

So he's been a preacher for 20 years and diagnosed with cancer at 19? Sounds more like God has kept him around as a testimony. Why do people always turn things around to the negative instead of thinking on the positive? 

In regards to the OP, it truly has been scientifically proven that the earth is only about 7000 to 8000 years old, not millions of years. God does things in HIS time. That is why so many people doubt. They want answers NOW and He does not always do that. It's called having faith. Faith can move mountains. 

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM
I agree with this :)

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

My God has always cared!  :)  And you know what?  Even though things happen in my life that I don't quite understand..  I still have faith & know he cares! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)