Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

god didnt care for 98000 years what makes you think he does now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (181-190):
-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Hahaha!!! 

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Quoting Sailor_nena:

"Any idiot can copy and paste youtube videos on CM. Lmao!"

Yeah, as opposed to the amazing intelligence and skill required to copy/paste a quote from another person....
I posted the video because I think others will enjoy it more than if I write a miles long post making those points. Lawrence Kelemen is so funny and entertaining, I found it better to present those arguments through him.
But no surprise that your "argument" is questioning my intelligence for posting a video rather than addressing the points made in that video with logical and well-thought rebuttals. I'm sure all those who PMed me to tell me how much they enjoyed it and how Kelemen made them think about his arguments will be very impressed by your "rebuttal"

"I said i didn't have time to sit down and watch 59 minutes of regurgitated apologetics that ive heard a million times."

And yet you still haven't managed to refute that. So I'm guessing that either you're lying and you haven't heard those arguments or you have heard them and you don't have a logical argument to refute them.
Again, not surprised that you're avoiding to debate the points and you're stuck having to attack me in a sad effort to turn the discussion away from those arguments.

"Circular logic loses its appeal after the 1000th argument."

Well, now I know you don't even know what Lawrence Kelemen said

"I can show you my copy and paste skills if you'd like. Or why don't you tell me yourself why you think the bible hasn't been debunked and isn't a copy of ancient myths that predate it? Lmao "

Now it's even more obvious I posted arguments you never heard before. The answer to your question is right there.

Sharon
Brandyns87
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:59 PM

No one really has the answers. Religious people don't, and atheists don't.

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM
..... This is the most ignorant thing I've ever seen a biased pushing what they believe on people do.... And I'm not even religious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM
I dont think you realize what youre saying. I wasn't insulting your intelligence. I'm not a fan of debating by copying and pasting YouTube videos to other people is all. You are awfully defensive. I don't have a rebuttal nor did i claim to have one since i didnt watch the video that im sure doesnt contain any groundbreaking truths. so I'm not sure what you're talking about, and I don't care if my replies impress your friends LOL. Now why can't you answer my question instead of skirting around it? Why is the bible not a copy of ancient myths that predate it? You present the arguments instead of copying and pasting YouTube videos to do it for you. I'm not avoiding anything; I want you to tell me be ause I don't want to sit through 59 minutes of something you can explain in a reply I can read in 5 minutes. I love debating religion so take your time :)

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Sailor_nena:

"Any idiot can copy and paste youtube videos on CM. Lmao!"

Yeah, as opposed to the amazing intelligence and skill required to copy/paste a quote from another person....

I posted the video because I think others will enjoy it more than if I write a miles long post making those points. Lawrence Kelemen is so funny and entertaining, I found it better to present those arguments through him.

But no surprise that your "argument" is questioning my intelligence for posting a video rather than addressing the points made in that video with logical and well-thought rebuttals. I'm sure all those who PMed me to tell me how much they enjoyed it and how Kelemen made them think about his arguments will be very impressed by your "rebuttal"

"I said i didn't have time to sit down and watch 59 minutes of regurgitated apologetics that ive heard a million times."

And yet you still haven't managed to refute that. So I'm guessing that either you're lying and you haven't heard those arguments or you have heard them and you don't have a logical argument to refute them.

Again, not surprised that you're avoiding to debate the points and you're stuck having to attack me in a sad effort to turn the discussion away from those arguments.

"Circular logic loses its appeal after the 1000th argument."

Well, now I know you don't even know what Lawrence Kelemen said

"I can show you my copy and paste skills if you'd like. Or why don't you tell me yourself why you think the bible hasn't been debunked and isn't a copy of ancient myths that predate it? Lmao "

Now it's even more obvious I posted arguments you never heard before. The answer to your question is right there.

Sharon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I believe in God and I believe Jesus is His son.  I believe the bible is true also. I don't know why that bothers anyone. 

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I don't trust that guy. He isn't very articulate.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Quoting Sailor_nena:

"I don't have a rebuttal nor did i claim to have one since i didnt watch the video that im sure doesnt contain any groundbreaking truths"

Oh, you'd be surprised.
Funny, though, how you admit you didn't watch and yet feel very confidant that it's a bunch of circular logic and, what did you call it? "Regurgitated apologetics"? It's kinda foolish to make such assumptions and then use them in a debate.
It's too bad you prefer to remain ignorant about a thought provoking and interesting piece that may give you something to think about. But I understand it's a scary thought for those who don't want their ideas shaken.

Sharon
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:26 PM
LMFAO @ ideas shaken. There is nothing to shake. I asked you nicely to tell all about your little video. Go on. Tell me why I'm wrong. Lol

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Sailor_nena:

"I don't have a rebuttal nor did i claim to have one since i didnt watch the video that im sure doesnt contain any groundbreaking truths"

Oh, you'd be surprised.

Funny, though, how you admit you didn't watch and yet feel very confidant that it's a bunch of circular logic and, what did you call it? "Regurgitated apologetics"? It's kinda foolish to make such assumptions and then use them in a debate.

It's too bad you prefer to remain ignorant about a thought provoking and interesting piece that may give you something to think about. But I understand it's a scary thought for those who don't want their ideas shaken.

Sharon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM
That's what I figured. Nothing.

Quoting Sailor_nena:

LMFAO @ ideas shaken. There is nothing to shake. I asked you nicely to tell all about your little video. Go on. Tell me why I'm wrong. Lol

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Oh, you'd be surprised.

Sharon

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)