Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

god didnt care for 98000 years what makes you think he does now?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:26 AM
I would just hate to live that way. Without a belief that there is more than the physical. Without a belief that there is more than earthly pain and suffering. It would make this life dull and scary frankly. I'm sorry.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

lol, why? I'm perfectly fine knowing there's no life after death.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

Yep.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you believe that when you die that's it? Nothing more?

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

The lack of a god is sooooooo obvious I have a hard time taking believers seriously.

RLT2
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Religion's not for me, but if it comforts other people and makes them happy, I'm glad for them. My only issue, is when some people use it as an excuse to dictate to everyone else what their lives should/should not be like and to justify horrible behaviour. I also feel it has no place in government, and I'm baffled by anyone who argues that it does.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM

What I never understood is why was God such a dick in the old testament, but suddenly so nice in the new testament?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Well we know Humans date back further than the biblr says they do... so what about those years before? God decided we mattered?

Quoting night.magic:

Oh Dear God, what? How do you know for sure that your point is valid? Why try and shoot down those who have Faith?

night.magic
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I agree.

Quoting RLT2:

Religion's not for me, but if it comforts other people and makes them happy, I'm glad for them. My only issue, is when some people use it as an excuse to dictate to everyone else what their lives should/should not be like and to justify horrible behaviour. I also feel it has no place in government, and I'm baffled by anyone who argues that it does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Which is funny that they ignore concrete evidence for something that cant be proved.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Good thing that's not what most Christians believe...

KatieBell2012
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree completely. I choose to believe because if I don't then what do I really have? Someone once told me he would rather go thru life believing there is a God and then possibly finding out when he dies that there isn't then going thru life not believing and finding out there really was a God and he turned his back on Him

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

My God has always cared!  :)  And you know what?  Even though things happen in my life that I don't quite understand..  I still have faith & know he cares! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I have unanswered questions as well. But I don't go an antagonize people whom have the right to Believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we know Humans date back further than the biblr says they do... so what about those years before? God decided we mattered?

Quoting night.magic:

Oh Dear God, what? How do you know for sure that your point is valid? Why try and shoot down those who have Faith?

LectioDivina
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM

What concrete evidence do you mean?

Quoting Anonymous:

Which is funny that they ignore concrete evidence for something that cant be proved.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Good thing that's not what most Christians believe...

ffpm10
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I saw something the other day that there are over 9,000 gods worshiped in the world today.
Lol. Soooo not sure why Christians think they are so right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)