Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My toddler handed me a snake

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my 3 year old found a grass snake yesterday and came and handed it to me.  I freaked out even though I knew it wasn't poisonous.  He was so proud of himself.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
Paiute773
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM

LOL. Remindz me of when my son found a nest of baby rattle snakes, brought them home and hid them behind our travel trailer.  We couldn't figure out why we were seeing snakes all over our yard. My uncle found them and told my son to let them go. Well, my son wounded all 5 baby rattlesnakes then hung them on our fence so the other snakes would not come around!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Quoting pj2becca21:

One thing I will say is did you have him wash his hand??? snake carry a bactrial like smanila, not as bad as it is if you get it from eating undercook chicken, but you still get horrible shits. my hubby went to school to work with snakes and he want me to say that before i put anything else down.....

Sanke are a part of every day life... we would love some for our gopher problem. we have rattle snakes boy those are some mean little shits. 

I led him to our ditch to let it crawl into the pipes and then I rubbed hand sanitizer all over his hands

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Yikes! lol :)

edelweiss23
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Love snakes!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FIREFOX1336
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah I've gotten some pretty crazy looks at the zoo when I re explain the trips to the zoo is the only time you can get this close to snakes an only when they are in glass cases etc. Luckily ds thinks spiders are yucky but he loves moths, butterflies, rolly Polly's etc.
Paiute773
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Naaahh........Heelllllllllll Nooooooooooooooooo!  Your crazzzaayyyyyyyyyy...That just makes me sting so bad down there to even see picz of snakes....:-(

Quoting edelweiss23:

Love snakes!!!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:51 PM

LOL

I picked up a snake when I was 3 and was shouting in the middle of the park "Look what I found mommy!"

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Omg, that could have possibly gave me a heart attack!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Lol my neighbor has snakes. My son loves seeing them. I personally could live with out them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dylansmom08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM
lol My son is 5 and he won't go anywhere near any kind of lizard, snake, bug, worm or anything. Although he does try to catch the chipmunks and squirrels.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN