Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my guinea pig died today :(

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

Marshmellow

My beautiful little girl, marshmellow died shortly after 12:15 pm.

She had a sinus infection. 2 days ago I noticed she wasn't eating her veggies or much food/water. We brought her to the vet and he gave us antibiotics. This morning we awoke to her breathing heavy. I held her trying to get her to eat and drink. She took a bit of a carrot. I looked in her eyes and told her it was going to be okay. I held her for 2 hours. Shortly after 12 pm she began to shake. Dh called the vet and he told us to bring her in. However, before we left I noticed that she couldn't lift her head. I looked at dh and said 'its too late. She's going to die.'

I held her close to me as I looked at her, she stared at me and began dry heaving. Within minutes she started convulsions. I was already crying but now I just didn't want to let go. I kept repeating 'I'm so sorry marshmellow'. In between her convulsions she 'talked'. Until sadly she took her last breath at 12:18 pm.

Marshmellow was 9 months old. I had her for just over 5 months. I can't stop crying. I wish I could of helped her :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyoftwo103
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I'm so sorry. :( RIP Mashmellow. 

..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Aaaawww! I'm so sorry, mama! :( This made me really sad. 

We have two piggies and they're the best pets ever. One of ours is a rescue. His previous owner fed him all the wrong stuff...never gave him any hay. We were told that piggies in this situation usually don't make it passed 3 years. :( 

Hugs for you, mama! 

angie944
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I am soo sorry for your loss. I have a 3 yr old Guinea named Farley and fear for that day when he will leave this world.  Prayers to you! 

lilypad12788
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I am so sorry. I haven't owned a guinea pig in nearly a year after my chuck Norris passed away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Marshmallow*

lilmommy3508
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM

sometimes when its too late there isnt much that you can do exceptt watch what happens next and you certainly dont need to be feeling guilty about wishing you couldve done more to help her that'll put more stress on you that you dont need right now you should be proud of yourself because you loved and took good care of Marshmellow the few months she lived and im sorry for your loss but it'll be ok everything will get better in time 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Wow. Dying is an ugly thing.... Poor marshmallow (adorable name btw). RIP.
ColorMeCrazy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM
I am so sorry :( I hope you heal well.
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM
RIP Marshmellow. Am sorry for your loss mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured