Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you delay vaccinations?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM
  • 55 Replies
My darling daughter has her 2 month check up coming up in a couple weeks. Apparently she's on schedule to get 4 shots that day. She received the hepB shot at her 1 month checkup and is now supposed to get the second dose of it as well as 3 other shots. I'm nervous about it. I don't know much about vaccinations besides that some have mercury and formaldehyde (sp?) which really freaks me out. I feel like 4 shots in one day is kind of ridiculous and I really need to do more research about them all before we go to her next appointment. I'm just curious as to what some of y'all did when it was time for your two month old's shots. Did you delay them at all? How was your baby's reaction and was there any side effects? Did you have any reservations about the shots?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM
7 moms liked this

My dd is 4 and hasn't had a single shot. Do some research and decide what you think is best for your baby.

Yep ok.... Bash away!

momNstinks
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

My dd just had her 2 month checkup last week...I declined the vaccinations. She did not get the Hep B shot at birth either. But to each his/her own. You do what you feel is best for your child.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
lovinglife0682
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM
We did all of them with all three or our girls. They all had slight fevers and were clingy. We always planned according. When we took our youngest for her 2 month shots my dad picked up our oldest at school and my husband planned dinner so that I could just bring her home and hold her.
pittiesmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:03 PM
My 2 month old just had shots yesterday. She was due for 4 shots and and an oral vaccine. I agreed to the oral vaccine and two shots. She will get the other two shots in a month and be back on schedule for her 4 months. We opted out of shots until she was a month old. Same thing with my now 3yo dd. We never allowed more than two injections at a time. She is intelligent and absolutely normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I have two boys.  One has diease which messed up his central nervous system.  Any vaccaines, meds messes him up.  I now am super cautious of his vaccaines because all of the vaccaine were around the time he had backslides in his development.  The last one was the 7th grade boosters (which is two years later then most of his peers).  He ended up very sick and almost went to hospital.

My other son no problems and has a mild fever and he is done.  If I were to do it all over again I would post pone all shots and spread out.

April620
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I have always denied hep B at birth (I don't think my children will be using needles quite that young).

Research Mama....

ripemango
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Of course I didn't delay.

Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged. As with most things that relate to the human body, toxicity has to do with amount. For example, apple seeds contain arsenic. Eat a couple, nothing will happen. Eat a couple hundred, well...just don't do that LoL

Please read the following site about vaccines and what they contain:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

Note that the above is a real site with legitimate, non-paranoid information.

Please don't take anyone's advice about vaccines from CafeMom (mine included). There are some serious vaccine nut jobs on here.

Quoting April620:

My darling daughter has her 2 month check up coming up in a couple weeks. Apparently she's on schedule to get 4 shots that day. She received the hepB shot at her 1 month checkup and will now be getting the second dose of it as well as 3 other shots one of which is the MMR and I don't remember what they said the other two are. I'm nervous about it. I don't know much about vaccinations besides that some have mercury and formaldehyde (sp?) which kinda really freaks me out. I feel like 4 shots in one day is kind of ridiculous and I really need to do more research about them all before we go to her next appointment. I'm just curious as to what some of y'all did when it was time for your two month old's shots. Did you delay them at all? How was your baby's reaction and was there any side effects? Did you have any reservations about the shots?

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Not on purpose.  We were having vaccinations done on time and then life came up and well, we didn't see a doc for well checks for about a year.  We're we're late by then.  Oh well.

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I delayed them indefinitely. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured