Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you delay vaccinations?

Posted by   + Show Post
My darling daughter has her 2 month check up coming up in a couple weeks. Apparently she's on schedule to get 4 shots that day. She received the hepB shot at her 1 month checkup and is now supposed to get the second dose of it as well as 3 other shots. I'm nervous about it. I don't know much about vaccinations besides that some have mercury and formaldehyde (sp?) which really freaks me out. I feel like 4 shots in one day is kind of ridiculous and I really need to do more research about them all before we go to her next appointment. I'm just curious as to what some of y'all did when it was time for your two month old's shots. Did you delay them at all? How was your baby's reaction and was there any side effects? Did you have any reservations about the shots?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Replies (51-55):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I didn't delay, SO wouldn't let me.

Anyway, baby Kelly got a fever of about 100 and I had to give him infant's tylenol which is what the pedi said to do if he got a fever.

Isaiah had no reactions.

April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM
What happened??

Quoting VarelaClan:

We quit vaccinating altogether after one of mine was vaccine injured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM
We delay vaccinating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM
It wasn't a big issue, but enough to make me question the safety of vaccinations. He got this huge lump under his skin that stayed there for over 6 months. It took a year to mostly go away. Now at 2 1/2, it's still there. If he had a reaction to one, I'm worried how much worse it could be next time.

Quoting April620:

What happened??

Quoting VarelaClan:

We quit vaccinating altogether after one of mine was vaccine injured.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 6:25 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)