Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE** Im so mad at DH, I may actually slap him when he gets home!

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

So money is tight with us, but dh desperatly wanted to buy a gun to go shooting with. He had his eye on one for a realllly long time and when it went on sale  we agreed that if he could save twice the amount the gun cost, he could buy it and be done for the year and that be his christmas present. 

Now, he has spent an extra $200 ONTOP of the gun price leaving us barely able to pay rent this month ( EVERYTHING comes out this week so its frustrating) 

We agreed when we got married that the money is OURS regardless of who is working for it, we also agreed to discuss any purchases before/directly after they were made. the $200 - he doesnt know that i know he spent it. He used the credit card ( which is for emergencies and gas - and i hardley ever check) and has been pretending that the packages are my christmas gifts arriving early!

im SO SO SO freaking mad. I feel betrayed and disappointed. 

and if I dont physically attack him when he gets home, im probably going to beat him with my words... oh I pray i get in control of my anger before he gets home... 

Im just coming off BC which screwed my emotions up and have my first period so please be honest, AM I OVERREACTING??

***UPDATE: 

So I came up with a hundred ways to make him "pay for what he did" and just realised that he is my husband, not my child. Im going to tell him how what he did affected me and then he has to work to earn my trust. in the mean time, my money isnt going in the acount and Im keeping the credit card for expenses I have. I think thats fair?

oh how I wish i didnt agree to him getting that fking gun

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LynBoz
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
No you aren't overreacting. I would be livid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:15 PM

What did he buy with the extra $200??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:17 PM

my ex was the same exact way.... except it happened on SEVERAL occasions, not just once! 

TurtleSquish
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:18 PM

wow, that really sucks. i'm sorry.

mamivon2
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I would play stupid and tell him you would like to go out like shopping or whatever (make sure the amount is around 200.00).. get you a few nice things and when it comes to pay let him pay.. when he says he doesnt have the money just shrug your shoulder and say: yeah you do.. you got a gun I get this!! (whatever you picked)

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM
No, I would be angry too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM
you arent overreacting. You are hormonal and he is an ass for hiding it and lying about it. Use your words instead of gettin physical.
LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Domestic violence is not okay. No excuse.

That being said I would be livid. For various reasons. Especially lying about the packages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2hadley
by Heather on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I would be livid!
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Do u know what he spent the 200 on? Maybe it was christmas gifts
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN