Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think it ok to have a life outside of being a mother?

Posted by   + Show Post
Thoughts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Yes.

PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

yup. I include my child in everyting that I can, but there are some things I enjoy that are not child appropriate, and I dont feel like I have to give it all up just because Im a mother. (By 'things' I mean dinner just my husband and I, or a concert or a not-child movie in a theater, etc.) 

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I think it's vitally important to a mother's mental sanity to  have a life outside of their child. For me that is my career, for other it can be a simple as weekly get together with friends or volunteer work, as long as its something. 24/7 of anything is never good.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Of course.  I think alot of the self-sacrifice that is championed on this site places an undue burden on the child to BE their mother's whole existence.  That's just too much pressure.  My mom did that - she worked but was injured and had to retire early.  She lost contact with her friends, and there was a time when she rarely left the house except to run errands.  I love her to death but she turned into a miserable woman and I used to wish WISH that she had a life of her own or someone to talk to.  I was tired of being her daughter and her best friend.   

raye-chan
by Raye on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I think it's important although lately since my hubby and I don't seem to be on the same page, I take care of everything. There are some nights I need a break but don't get one so I just try to deal with it.

But yes, sometimes it is important to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Absolutely!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoyalT26
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of life? I'm sorry I don't understand those words put together in the same sentence.....??? LOL 

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM
LOL
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Absolutely! We're human beings, we have beefs that need fulfilling. Besides, a woman can't be a good mom if she isn't a happy, fulfilled mom.

Sharon
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Yep! I enjoy grown up time without kids, mine are teens so it's different, but I did have a life without them even when they were little.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN