Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mexico is not in North America!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: In your personal opinion, is Mexico part of North America...does it share a continent with the United States and Canada?

Options:

Yes

No

Other...?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 132

View Results

I was at a dinner party with a large group of people, and one of my husband's friends was saying that Mexico is not part of the continent of North America; that it's actually part of Central America.  His reasoning was that they are a different culture...and therefore doesn't belong with America and Canada.  Many people agreed with him, on the cultural and geographic aspects of his "opinion". 

I have to ask...do you personally believe that Mexico is part of North America?

confused

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
Kitschy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

And any Mexican (including myself) will tell you, " HELL NO!". Central America is between Mexico and S. America.

Quoting Kitschy:

We were taught in Spanish class that it's central america. lol

LOL true. Mexicans want nothing in common with those stuck up assholes in central america. (Kidding people)

Mami2oneboy
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol it's North America. Just because it's a different culture doesn't mean it isn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Ahhhh I'm from central America, you suck lol

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Anonymous:

And any Mexican (including myself) will tell you, " HELL NO!". Central America is between Mexico and S. America.

Quoting Kitschy:

LOL true. Mexicans want nothing in common with those stuck up assholes in central america. (Kidding people)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I was taught that it is in North America
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm not Mexican so I don't hold the opinion that you are stuck up. LOL

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Ahhhh I'm from central America, you suck lol

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kitschy:

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Oh I didn't take it wrong. I just used your comment to say how I felt.

Quoting Kitschy:

I agree. Sorry that was the LOL part. I was being a snot.

Quoting VarelaClan:

Yes, but central America is not a continent. So technically, it's in north America.

Quoting Kitschy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

"Were you born there or did you move there? Could you say what state you're in and how you like living there and stuff?

If you were born there and are Mexican could you tell me how welcoming Mexicans are of whites and those with broken Spanish?

...I was seriously considering moving there. "

I was born in the US, actually, in San Antonio, TX. I was adopted and raised here in Mexico City, except for 2 years in my Tweens when we moved to Israel.
How I like living here? Well, there's pros and cons to everything. It IS a developing country, but the people are wonderful, warm and friendly. People in Mexico are very accepting, not a lot if racism here, but there's a bit of discord between classes. Being a country wher you find extreme poverty and extreme wealth with a thin layer of middle class causes some conflicts.
I know violence has been on the news, but the fact is, it's not that bad. I live my daily life most as any other person, I take my kids to the school bus, I go to Walmart, do other errands, go to the movies and dinner and go on vacation to Acapulco, etc.

Sharon
Kitschy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Oh okay. lol I thought maybe everyone was thinking that I didn't understand simple geography.

Quoting VarelaClan:

Oh I didn't take it wrong. I just used your comment to say how I felt.

Quoting Kitschy:

I agree. Sorry that was the LOL part. I was being a snot.

Quoting VarelaClan:

Yes, but central America is not a continent. So technically, it's in north America.

Quoting Kitschy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM

North America is a continent. Central America is a geographical region. Two different things there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

"Were you born there or did you move there? Could you say what state you're in and how you like living there and stuff?

If you were born there and are Mexican could you tell me how welcoming Mexicans are of whites and those with broken Spanish?

...I was seriously considering moving there. "

I was born in the US, actually, in San Antonio, TX. I was adopted and raised here in Mexico City, except for 2 years in my Tweens when we moved to Israel.
How I like living here? Well, there's pros and cons to everything. It IS a developing country, but the people are wonderful, warm and friendly. People in Mexico are very accepting, not a lot if racism here, but there's a bit of discord between classes. Being a country wher you find extreme poverty and extreme wealth with a thin layer of middle class causes some conflicts.
I know violence has been on the news, but the fact is, it's not that bad. I live my daily life most as any other person, I take my kids to the school bus, I go to Walmart, do other errands, go to the movies and dinner and go on vacation to Acapulco, etc.

Sharon

Thanks the reply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)