Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! I think she is going to kill herself....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I am really worried about my mother. She is showing all the signs of someone who is going to attempt suicide. Not only has she been depressed for a long time but now she is starting to talk about dividing up things between me and my sisters and just getting rid of the rest of her stuff. She also said she is going to move out of her sisters house and move into her mothers house because she is having problems with her sister and niece. She also stated that she will only be staying with her mother for one month and after that she is going to leave and just disappear. I know for a fact she has nowhere else to go. She has no job. My little sisters dh will not let her move with them, my older sister has no room due to her living with her bf, their daughter, and his parents, and for some reason she refuses to come and stay with Dh and I. I've tried to help her. I am always there for her when she needs someone to talk to or cry to. I call her everyday and me and Dd talk to her. But I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't think what I'm doing is enough. I'm starting to get really worried. I want to try to get her admitted somewhere even though she would hate me for awhile but it's the only thing I can think of. I just don't know how to do it. Has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone please help me? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:25 PM
((((hug))))) her
Idk just let her know she's LOVED
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I always do. But according to her it's not good enough because no one else does :(

Quoting Anonymous:

((((hug))))) her

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I'm sorry, is there a priest or someone like that? Does she have a best friend? Tell her I love her too

Quoting Anonymous:

I always do. But according to her it's not good enough because no one else does :(

Quoting Anonymous:

((((hug))))) her

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:33 PM
No. She won't go to church anymore. And I don't think she has any friends. She has kinda let herself go the past couple of years. And I've tried to help but I can only do so much and I just don't know what to do anymore!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, is there a priest or someone like that? Does she have a best friend? Tell her I love her too

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

((((hug))))) her

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Call a crisis hot line

Quoting Anonymous:

No. She won't go to church anymore. And I don't think she has any friends. She has kinda let herself go the past couple of years. And I've tried to help but I can only do so much and I just don't know what to do anymore!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

((((hug))))) her

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Can they actually do something??

Quoting Anonymous:

Call a crisis hot line

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

((((hug))))) her

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

1-800-273-TALK- Suicide Prevention Line.

If she is being a risk to herself (actually doing physical things to harm herself) you can call the sherrifs department and they will put a 5150 hold on her.

Try getting her into talk to someone. Google Crisis Centers in your area.

msmom29
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You could call adult procreative services and see if they can help in anyway. They may be able to get her evaluated and do something to her her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM
I don't know, but I'm positive they can and will give you better advice than any of us can

Quoting Anonymous:

Can they actually do something??

Quoting Anonymous:

Call a crisis hot line

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

((((hug))))) her

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)