Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! I think she is going to kill herself....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am really worried about my mother. She is showing all the signs of someone who is going to attempt suicide. Not only has she been depressed for a long time but now she is starting to talk about dividing up things between me and my sisters and just getting rid of the rest of her stuff. She also said she is going to move out of her sisters house and move into her mothers house because she is having problems with her sister and niece. She also stated that she will only be staying with her mother for one month and after that she is going to leave and just disappear. I know for a fact she has nowhere else to go. She has no job. My little sisters dh will not let her move with them, my older sister has no room due to her living with her bf, their daughter, and his parents, and for some reason she refuses to come and stay with Dh and I. I've tried to help her. I am always there for her when she needs someone to talk to or cry to. I call her everyday and me and Dd talk to her. But I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't think what I'm doing is enough. I'm starting to get really worried. I want to try to get her admitted somewhere even though she would hate me for awhile but it's the only thing I can think of. I just don't know how to do it. Has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone please help me? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM
I hope things work out for you and your son.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

So what can I do?? I know she isn't on drugs.

Quoting laranadtony:

The problem with bakker acting (which is what some of these women are talking about ) is that in some states, you can only bakker act someone who is on drugs.

I tried to get a judicial commitment on my son and the only way they will do it is if I can prove he is on drugs.

Honey, I wish I knew. 

My son is sitting down in the middle of the road and stepping in front of cars, all because they cannot get his shunt to work right and they are telling me that as an adult, I cannot do anything unless he admits suicidal tendacies.

I got a judicial hearing but they won't do anything. They court ordered him to keep trying with the medical procedures because he has said he is tired of having surgery but other than that....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM
She hasn't admitted to anything or actually tried anything yet. So would that still work?

Quoting Mommytotwins44:

this. i know for a fact because i have been suicidal you can call an ambulance to come get her and they will put her on a 72 hour hold. they will keep her longer if need be. last time i called an ambulance to come get me before i hurt myself i ended up on lock down for 3 weeks till i was put on meds and they were the right meds. sorry you all are going through this... hugs..

Quoting Anonymous:

1-800-273-TALK- Suicide Prevention Line.

If she is being a risk to herself (actually doing physical things to harm herself) you can call the sherrifs department and they will put a 5150 hold on her.

Try getting her into talk to someone. Google Crisis Centers in your area.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

The problem with bakker acting (which is what some of these women are talking about ) is that in some states, you can only bakker act someone who is on drugs.

I tried to get a judicial commitment on my son and the only way they will do it is if I can prove he is on drugs.

Honey, I wish I knew. 

My son is sitting down in the middle of the road and stepping in front of cars, all because they cannot get his shunt to work right and they are telling me that as an adult, I cannot do anything unless he admits suicidal tendacies.

I got a judicial hearing but they won't do anything. They court ordered him to keep trying with the medical procedures because he has said he is tired of having surgery but other than that....

I hope things work out for you too but I can give you one good piece of advice.

When the kids are gone, moms feel useless. They don't know how to restart themselves. They feel they have no purpose. Find something you NEED her to do for you, whether it is babysit or make something or help you fix some ready made meals. 

Don't shut her out of things. Kids do that ,not meaning to. Include her more.When you take the kids to the park, make up a reason you NEED her there and always use the word  "need".

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

capfelbeck
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I'm so sorry u r going through this! I have no advice though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I do that but according to her it's not good enough because I'm the only one to do it.

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting laranadtony:

Honey, I wish I knew. 

I hope things work out for you too but I can give you one good piece of advice.

When the kids are gone, moms feel useless. They don't know how to restart themselves. They feel they have no purpose. Find something you NEED her to do for you, whether it is babysit or make something or help you fix some ready made meals. 

Don't shut her out of things. Kids do that ,not meaning to. Include her more.When you take the kids to the park, make up a reason you NEED her there and always use the word  "need".

gabby416
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:10 PM

you can 302 her.  That is where you can have her admitted to the psych ward, though chances are she would only be there for about 2-3 days and then can be released.  It's somewhere to start though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM

You can file a medical inquest form if you are concerned she may be a danger to herself or others (in this case, herself). You'll have to look it up for your state, but I think generally an ambulance comes to get them and they're taken somewhere (hospital, mental facility, etc.) for evaluation. I think she might be held for 24-72 hours (depends on where you are) and at that point it's up in the air; if they feel she is suicidal they may just keep her... if they feel she needs help but not immediately they may try to get her to attend outpatient therapy, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Will she know it's me that did it?

Quoting Anonymous:

You can file a medical inquest form if you are concerned she may be a danger to herself or others (in this case, herself). You'll have to look it up for your state, but I think generally an ambulance comes to get them and they're taken somewhere (hospital, mental facility, etc.) for evaluation. I think she might be held for 24-72 hours (depends on where you are) and at that point it's up in the air; if they feel she is suicidal they may just keep her... if they feel she needs help but not immediately they may try to get her to attend outpatient therapy, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM
She won't know it's me will she?

Quoting gabby416:

you can 302 her.  That is where you can have her admitted to the psych ward, though chances are she would only be there for about 2-3 days and then can be released.  It's somewhere to start though. 

gabby416
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

I am not sure if you can do it anon or not.  You would probably have to  call your local police station or hospital to find that out.  I know it would suck to have her know it was you, but in the end, push come to shove that might just be how it has to end up.  

Quoting Anonymous:

She won't know it's me will she?

Quoting gabby416:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)