Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How old were you when you met DH? How old were you when you married? Kind of a confession.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was 15 and he was 21. We married when I was 16 and he was 23

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Replies (271-280):
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

We met when I was 18 and he was 22.  We married one month after we started dating.  Met in June, started dating in August, got married in September (two weeks before I turned 19).

We've been happily married for 9 years.

krisandjakesmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM
I was 18 and he was 22 when we met and got married. I was 33 when we got divorced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisMommy4Ever
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

When I met my boyfriend I was 17 and he was 21. We are not married yet but plan to in the future :)

Master_Debater
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM
16 and 35, 19 and 38
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:22 AM

You'd be surprised. 18 isn't the cut off age in the majority of states. There's a "close in age" law in almost every state, saying what is and isn't statutory. It prevents a 19 year old from going to jail for having sex with a 16 year old and having to live with the title of a sex offender. And the police were involved for a different reason and happened to notice it and questioned it because they too, like so many others, assume 18 is the cut off age. And I don't care what society thinks. Some people didn't think twice about it. Some people thought it was weird. We have the same age difference that my parents have and they were married for over 20 years.

I'm happy, he's happy, we haven't hurt anything, and I'm a hundred times better off than I would be if we wouldn't have met.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is in mine. Sex with a minor is illegal.

It may be legal in your State, but If police were involve then it was not the norm and society condemn it

Quoting Anonymous:

It was NOT illegal for us to have sex in my state. The police TRIED to arrest him and charge him, but they couldn't because we weren't doing anything illegal,

Quoting Anonymous:

Parental consent for marriage, yesss.... That would be fine, I suppose.

But, Parental consent before or after sex? I do not believe OP wait until she got married to have sex

Quoting Ber-Lynn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not when parents give consent for marriage.

helema24
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:25 AM

i was 19 and he was 27 when we met and we did a religious marriege when i was 20 and he wa satill 27 and i was 21 and he was 28 at our full marriege with the liscense...hes 8 years older than me!!

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. reply

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM
We met when I was 22 & he was 29.
Been together 6 years, engaged for 3. Not married yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:27 AM
18 when we met and 20 when we married. Now I'm 24 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM
15 when we met (he was 18), 16 when we started dating (he was 19), 19 when we married (he was 23, I turned 20 two days after we married).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nee86
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I was 17 and he was 23. We got married when I was 22 and he was 28.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)