Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Vasectomy S/O

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you're DONE having children, why is it usually on the WOMAN to prevent future pregnancies? BC etc...

Why is a vasectomy a totally separate option? If we're all 50/50, how can a man just say "Nah, I don't think so!"

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (121-130):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I think it should all depend on who would ever want to have more kids - if something happened to the current spouse and kids - hit by a bus, whatever.  When I had my tubal, I was 41, had had 4 kids, the youngest was 3.  I KNEW that no matter WHAT happened, I would never want to have more kids again.  My husband wasn't so sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Well just trying to keep up with your middle school original reply. I'm pretty sure we all know that everyone who has had a vasectomy is male. So, your pointless reply was unnecessary.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

*blank stare*

What are you 12?

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg really?? Women don't have penises? Since when!?!  *confused*

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

What? It's true.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh geeeez

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

It's not. Everyone I know who's done it is male.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I told my husband he was getting it. He said no...

Guess who's getting the snip snip?  ;)

Aislinn
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not sure I would be with a man who refused to take any role in preventing pregnancy. My husband never even considered asking me to get my tubes tied. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Exactly

Quoting Aislinn:

I am not sure I would be with a man who refused to take any role in preventing pregnancy. My husband never even considered asking me to get my tubes tied. 

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We all have psychological issues about something. But anyway, I'm just fortunate to have a marriage that is more important than sex or lack thereof. We work through it. 

Quoting kidlover2:

I have a strong sex drive so luckily I have only been with men where their psychological issues are nonexistent.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Of course their ability or inability to reproduce can affect a sex drive. It's psychological. There are a million things that can kill the mood. 

Quoting kidlover2:

I have never heard of that... I did not realize men could have compromised sex drives due to their inability to reproduce.... I thought it was only not being able to get it up and working.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I didn't ask my husband to do one. I have a feeling it would result in a major decrease in his sex drive-- something that would suck for both of us. I got my tubes tied instead. 

Vasectomy does not decrease a man's sex drive if anything it increases it because they can have all the sex they want without worrying about making a baby. =D

Im aware that the vasectomy, in and of itself, does not decrease a man's sex drive. But if a man, like my husband, finds himself to feel less of a man for his inability to make children, then the vasectomy WOULD have a negative impact on his sex drive.

kidlover2
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM
Ahhhh you got me. You are obviously so much better than me. Kudos, I hope your marriage lasts forever. My SO & I will be busy having sex.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

We all have psychological issues about something. But anyway, I'm just fortunate to have a marriage that is more important than sex or lack thereof. We work through it. 

Quoting kidlover2:

I have a strong sex drive so luckily I have only been with men where their psychological issues are nonexistent.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Of course their ability or inability to reproduce can affect a sex drive. It's psychological. There are a million things that can kill the mood. 

Quoting kidlover2:

I have never heard of that... I did not realize men could have compromised sex drives due to their inability to reproduce.... I thought it was only not being able to get it up and working.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

I didn't ask my husband to do one. I have a feeling it would result in a major decrease in his sex drive-- something that would suck for both of us. I got my tubes tied instead. 

Vasectomy does not decrease a man's sex drive if anything it increases it because they can have all the sex they want without worrying about making a baby. =D

Im aware that the vasectomy, in and of itself, does not decrease a man's sex drive. But if a man, like my husband, finds himself to feel less of a man for his inability to make children, then the vasectomy WOULD have a negative impact on his sex drive.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Lol okay. No one said anything about being better than anyone else. :-P

Quoting kidlover2:

Ahhhh you got me. You are obviously so much better than me. Kudos, I hope your marriage lasts forever. My SO & I will be busy having sex.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

valdezmama
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I work for a urologist and we charge $800 for vasectomy procedures and they take 20 mins. Theyre very popular and not expensive at all lol

Quoting Devious333:

OP made a spin off my post...

Dh won't get one though I wish he would. However, I met the deductible on my insurance so it'll cost me nothing but it would cost dh a lot.

Quoting crescentstar2:

My dh had one done. It's been AWESOME!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM
$800 I don't have right now so for me to go get it done 100% paid for makes more sense than for us to go spend money. I think people are missing that part of my comment or something.

Quoting valdezmama:

I work for a urologist and we charge $800 for vasectomy procedures and they take 20 mins. Theyre very popular and not expensive at all lol

Quoting Devious333:

OP made a spin off my post...

Dh won't get one though I wish he would. However, I met the deductible on my insurance so it'll cost me nothing but it would cost dh a lot.

Quoting crescentstar2:

My dh had one done. It's been AWESOME!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN