Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mamas in school i need help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I dropped out of school because I was offered a great ft job. Unfortunately when I left for maternity leave, I was layed off. I've been looking for a new job for a few months and I've gotten two interviews. Its depressing. So I've been thinking of going back to school. My question is how do you manage it? Thankfully I don't have to pay rent, only yearly taxes and monthly bills and groceries. I've managed to budget my savings pretty well, but it'll probably only last me four or five more months. I have no idea what to do. I've put applications in everywhere- walmart, mcdonalds, grocery stores, a ton of businesses in my field. No one wants me. Advice please, Im desperate.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I'm in school right now, and I go pt so it works out pretty good !
missamanda86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

2 words: online classes...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Unfortunately Im not eligible for online because I dropped out mid semester. Id have to go in school for a semester before I can take online courses.

Quoting missamanda86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Financially how do you do it?

Quoting Anonymous:

hhhanna
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

You dropped out of school, which school, are we talking high school or college?  The answers will depend on the answer to that question.  Also what area of the country do you live in?  What are you good at, or what do you like to do?

missamanda86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Damn, that sucks. Thats the only way I can manage having 3 kids and school. I also have a friend who is planning to go to school the same time I do, while our husbands are in Korea, so we will alternate days with kids if we end up having to go to a classroom.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately Im not eligible for online because I dropped out mid semester. Id have to go in school for a semester before I can take online courses.

Quoting missamanda86:

missamanda86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Are you eligible for FAFSA?

MSmama_x3
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I take classes full time for community college. It's time consuming & most of my work is done at night, which results in little sleep for me.

I've made it to the end of my first semester & I only have to go to the campus 40miles away for proctored tests, until I start the nursing program.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM
College. I live in the northeast. Im good at everything. I was studying social work but I don't know if thats what I want to continue to do. I was thinking about a general liberal arts degree

Quoting hhhanna:

You dropped out of school, which school, are we talking high school or college?  The answers will depend on the answer to that question.  Also what area of the country do you live in?  What are you good at, or what do you like to do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I get student loans since the tuition is 17,000
Money wise my bf is native American and gets a check every 3 months about 3 to 4,000 from his tribe and I clean houses pt :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Financially how do you do it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)