Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You let The Kids Go??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Send them??

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Their dad turned his back on us in early Sept, and by mid-Sept had moved in with 3 friends and was no longer speaking to us, unless it was to argue. Early Oct he offered to try to work through it. He still owed me $200, but I let it slide and bought him $150 worth food because he said he needed to save up for a car because his mom needs her back. And he will start paying me back towards the end of Oct. (He had not seen us for a month at this point) (I asked him a few times if he was hooking up with one of the roommates, because the other two were a couple, and him and her are single. He told me no, she is not attractive.)

After I bought the food, he went right back to being an ass to me. End of Oct he has me come to his new apt, the one he shares with his 3 roommates. First thing I notice, is he has a gun. I asked him about it and he said he is bought it from his roommate. I let it slide because I know he is getting close to being promoted at work, and will need a gun at that point. He sets up a movie for the boys, takes me into the bedroom of the single roommate, and well...we have sex. (I know, stupid on my part, but damn he is fucking awesome in bed) 

Early Nov. the roommate in question contacts me on facebook asking if I will let the boys come stay the night. Now I am really suspicious, so I do some snooping and see that her relationship status says they are in a relationship. Some more snooping leads me to find they had been together for a month, although he denies this.

I had been asking to meet the roommates before this, he kept saying no. So, I decided to take the nice approach and let the 5 year old stay the night for one night. I told him the next day there will be no more overnights until I meet the roommates. He still refuses.

So, would you just let it go and send the kids over, or hold steady and make him either A) let you meet the roomies, or B) takes you back to court? (He had visitation, gave it up, and walked out of our lives for a few months before coming back in for the past 6 leading up to this. I have always allowed him to see the kids when he wanted.) 

ETA-Forgot to say, they have many unsecured firearms and ammo just laying around the apt. Another issue he refuses to address with me.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:08 PM

BUMP

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I really don't understand people some times. *smh*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Seems like a no brainer to me.

atyou
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Are you seriously asking what you should do?

The answer is crystal clear, babe.
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Let them go? Right?

Quoting atyou:

Are you seriously asking what you should do?

The answer is crystal clear, babe.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM

If he has amo and firearms heck no I wouldn't let the kids go around there. I would also want to meet who my kids would be around, so no if he wouldn't let you meet every single roommmate I wouldn't let my child go.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Jade89
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM
No way in hell would I send my kid
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

DO you have stipulations in the custody agrement about having to know each others boyfriends and girlfriends?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM

um im a little concerned about a gun laying around with children there....

mom2bell
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Wow! I am always amazed.

NO, do not let them go. And man do I hope you are a troll
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN