Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They want us to help them when we have kids to provide for

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Me and DH usually do ok financially but the past few months have hit us hard. The car needed a $2000 repair, we just had a baby and course Christmas and one of our kids birthday is coming (we now have 3). I am a SAHM and that works for us. Yesterday, DH dad called saying that they had 2 weeks to get out of their home. They haven't paid the mortgage in almost 2 years due to DH's father being in and out of work and it has finally caught up to them. Currently, he is working but found out he will be getting laid off soon. They don't have near enough money to pay the bank to get to stay in their home, they don't even have enough for first and last month's rent for and apartment. He asked if they could move in with us and we talked about it and we really don't have the money to support them without it seriously affecting our kids. We know that if they move in with us FIL will not get a new job and we will never get them out of our house. Now, MIL is complaining to other family members that if we can't afford to pay our bills I should start working. The thing is, we can pay OUR bills, we just can't afford to take care of them too. I think it is strange that she is even saying that since she is about to be homeless and hasn't worked in years. I am glad that I heard that she is being nasty about this though, before I was starting to feel bad, now I don't.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GinasMommy412
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Can they stay with other family members?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Tell them no. That sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Dont let them come stay there.It will be harder when you have to ask them to leave.You have to think of you and the kids first.If they couldnt afford to pay then,they wont pay anything to you and will never leave just like you said.They need to find some kind of jobs.

Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I wouldn't feel bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I don't think so, SIL has 5 kids with her and her DH in a 3 bedroom home as it is, BIL is in the Army and lives in Korea and neither have siblings who are in the country. They don't have any friends who are that close who live in the state either.

Quoting GinasMommy412:

Can they stay with other family members?

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM
Not a fucking chance!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

She sounds like a hypocrite. Maybe if she would have been working they would still have their home. It isn't right for her to be talking crap when you guys are doing okay.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I think you are doing the right thing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I know, that's what got me about the whole thing, it's not ok for me to stay home with 3 kids (one of whom is a newborn) but she can stay home and sit on her ass while they lose their home. Before I heard that she was talking crap, I really did feel badly that they might seriously end up living in their car but at this point, I don't really care.

Quoting Anonymous:

She sounds like a hypocrite. Maybe if she would have been working they would still have their home. It isn't right for her to be talking crap when you guys are doing okay.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I truely don't understand people. My family would tell her to go cry a river somewhere else. We help each other when we can but there isn't anyone who wouldn't agree with you or actually say "That's bs and you know it." To your MIL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)