Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know times are hard when

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You cry after bathtime because the 5 year old wasted the brand new bottle of baby shampoo and half the brand new bottle of adult shampoo to make bubbles (I was in the bathroom ironing with my back turned). And there's no money left to buy more until next Wednesday, because your sh just got promoted, but his raise hasn't come thru yet and he's spending every extra dime to pay for the 70-minute one way commute.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

My mom says I did that to her once... so I never ever left shampoo or bodywash near the tub when my DD was little.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Thats my only problem with the comment. My child is 3 and knows better. I would spank for that, one swift smack on the bottom is plenty tho

Quoting vwd_johnson:

I'm not a mom who spanks. But if I was I would think id pick and chose and save the spanking for really bad things. Markers all over painted walls/ripping up money/throwing good food all over the kitchen/tossing mud around the house....

Pouring out the soap because they wanted bubbles, where I FULLY agree a 5yr old should know better, is something a good stern talking to could do just fine.

Perhaps he's used to mom putting bubbles in, but with the hard times she doesn't have the money for right now.

The thing that gets me is "theyd be spanked SO HARD". For spanking mom's, isn't it supposed to be strictly for discipline and teaching, not anger?

Quoting JLS2388:

A 5 year old should know better then that so there is nothing wrong with spanking over that if you are a parent who spanks

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Really? Over freaking spilt SOAP into water???? I hope your a damn troll.

Anyway, OP - Keep your head up! You'll make it through :) congrats on DHs raise!

Quoting Anonymous:

They'd be spanked so hard.

t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Ds did the same right after a huge trip to target. He's using watered down shampoo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EGNS
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

well you could always play coin hunt around the house with the kids and then go to dollar tree ;) inside the couch is a good spot also bar soap works for shampoo as well if your really in a pinch

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM
If you do run out then try using a bit of dish washing soap. It will not work as well but it will get the job done. Keep your head up it will be ok. I have been there. I also had to use wet napkins as baby wipes once because I was that broke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM
My dd does that or washes her babies hair with it so now I have to take everything out of the tub when she's done getting washed up.
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM
That sucks :( can you scrounge up a couple dollars for soap at the dollar store?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy980106
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM
We're in the same spot and have gone a month without a paycheck because of DH's new pay schedule. It's been hard, but he gets paid Friday. Keep your head up! Congrats on your hubby's promotion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Oooo my son did that with my favorite body wash...he took my extra bottle from my room and used the whole thing >:( and the worst part was it had been discontinued wahh I was so mad. Now I just buy the cheap crap...but you know times are tough when you have to hand wash clothes, had to do that last year and I just sat in the tub with the clothes and cried lol I look back and think things could've been much worse but congrats on your hubby's raise!! Sounds like things will be better soon for you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLS2388
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That's true, a spanking is a spanking, it shouldn't be harder because mom is more annoyed.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

I'm not a mom who spanks. But if I was I would think id pick and chose and save the spanking for really bad things. Markers all over painted walls/ripping up money/throwing good food all over the kitchen/tossing mud around the house....

Pouring out the soap because they wanted bubbles, where I FULLY agree a 5yr old should know better, is something a good stern talking to could do just fine.

Perhaps he's used to mom putting bubbles in, but with the hard times she doesn't have the money for right now.

The thing that gets me is "theyd be spanked SO HARD". For spanking mom's, isn't it supposed to be strictly for discipline and teaching, not anger?

Quoting JLS2388:

A 5 year old should know better then that so there is nothing wrong with spanking over that if you are a parent who spanks

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Really? Over freaking spilt SOAP into water???? I hope your a damn troll.

Anyway, OP - Keep your head up! You'll make it through :) congrats on DHs raise!

Quoting Anonymous:

They'd be spanked so hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN