Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know times are hard when

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You cry after bathtime because the 5 year old wasted the brand new bottle of baby shampoo and half the brand new bottle of adult shampoo to make bubbles (I was in the bathroom ironing with my back turned). And there's no money left to buy more until next Wednesday, because your sh just got promoted, but his raise hasn't come thru yet and he's spending every extra dime to pay for the 70-minute one way commute.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I'm sorry :( as I have to tell myself these days as well.... This too shall pass. Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I think a half bottle of shampoo will make it til Wed. You'll be OK :)
JLS2388
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

A 5 year old should know better then that so there is nothing wrong with spanking over that if you are a parent who spanks

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Really? Over freaking spilt SOAP into water???? I hope your a damn troll.

Anyway, OP - Keep your head up! You'll make it through :) congrats on DHs raise!

Quoting Anonymous:

They'd be spanked so hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Or when you have to decide between buying pull ups or toilet paper. Obviously the toilet paper wins, but now you have a lot of extra laundry and piss covered mattresses. =(
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM
I'm a parent who spanks but not over that. Dd has to do something major.

Quoting JLS2388:

A 5 year old should know better then that so there is nothing wrong with spanking over that if you are a parent who spanks

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Anyway, OP - Keep your head up! You'll make it through :) congrats on DHs raise!

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Sorry mama. I think you cried because you are stressed out over the situation. Relax mama. Things will change soon. :O)

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM
I'm not a mom who spanks. But if I was I would think id pick and chose and save the spanking for really bad things. Markers all over painted walls/ripping up money/throwing good food all over the kitchen/tossing mud around the house....

Pouring out the soap because they wanted bubbles, where I FULLY agree a 5yr old should know better, is something a good stern talking to could do just fine.

Perhaps he's used to mom putting bubbles in, but with the hard times she doesn't have the money for right now.

The thing that gets me is "theyd be spanked SO HARD". For spanking mom's, isn't it supposed to be strictly for discipline and teaching, not anger?

Quoting JLS2388:

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:21 PM

that's a great idea!  i'm going to do that.

Quoting Fields456:

This and once u do get more also get a few travel bottles so u can put a small amount in it for bath time so if they do waste it all its only a small amount

Quoting km1970:

aww that sucks. You can stretch your shampoo, though. Just add some water to the bottle. Most shampoos are concentrated anyway, so it won't affect how it cleans.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)