Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know times are hard when

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You cry after bathtime because the 5 year old wasted the brand new bottle of baby shampoo and half the brand new bottle of adult shampoo to make bubbles (I was in the bathroom ironing with my back turned). And there's no money left to buy more until next Wednesday, because your sh just got promoted, but his raise hasn't come thru yet and he's spending every extra dime to pay for the 70-minute one way commute.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Yup!!  Or when you are using every last jar of peanut butter, bag of beans and block of cheese you get from WIC to feed your family!!! :( I plan my meals around the veggies I get from WIC!  I make sure to only buy on sale items so I get more from the voucher!

Tara922c
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

This is exactly why I put my dd's shampoo up until she is ready to wash her hair. She is 5 and can shower by herself, but I still like to wash her hair or she will never get the soap out. Can you scrape up like 2 bucks and buy a bottle of the cheap stuff to get you through the week? You could even ask a family member or friend if you could borrow a bottle of shampoo until you get paid and replace the bottle.

I have used my shampoo on dd's hair when she was out. I just made sure I was careful and covered her eyes. It will be okay!

EGNS
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM

hubby says you know things are bad when you have to put a cheeseburger on layaway ;)

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:42 PM

That would be upsetting. My kid would be in deap trouble for doing something like that. Things will get better though

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Harsh

Quoting Anonymous:

They'd be spanked so hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:35 PM

That sucks!My niece just did the same thing..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Stealing this idea. :) 

Quoting Fields456:

This and once u do get more also get a few travel bottles so u can put a small amount in it for bath time so if they do waste it all its only a small amount

Quoting km1970:

aww that sucks. You can stretch your shampoo, though. Just add some water to the bottle. Most shampoos are concentrated anyway, so it won't affect how it cleans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM

My dd is 7 and she has done that 3 or 4 times... this last time was actually a few weeks ago (I thought she had grown out of that stage) Anyway I told her I am not buying her anymore kid shampoo so she will have to buy it.  I have some adult shampoo she can use.  After the last time, about 6 months ago I warned her that if it happened again I wasn't buying anymore and I meant it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Go shampoo free. It takes a bit but it's better for your scalp and the environment. And it's cheap.

Make your own detergent. Also cheap and works great. Those $12.00 tubs of tide... Try $2.00 instead. And oxyclean can be made too.

I feel for you. These old time methods are awesome for tough times.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:51 PM
If you have to count out three dollars in pennies and go get dollar adult shampoo and dollar baby wash.

Or just get a huge kids wash and hair combo (suave, its a big pump bottle) at krogers for two bucks. It cleans just as well and is gentler on your hair.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN