Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is leaving :( :( :( (Army)

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 25 Replies

We are not getting divorced,  my husband is in the Army, we are in Australia too by the way! :)   anyways, his posting ends at the end of this year and even though there are 4 bases in this area he could move to they are not letting him..  Even though they KNOW we have a special needs DS who has SEVERE needs, they are making him move.   He has been posted a 3 day drive away :(     We tried to see if we could move with him but in the new place DS will not get half of what he gets here :(   So after weeks of researching and stress I had to make the decision to stay here with the children while DH goes up there to live for the next 3 years...   I am not sure how I am going to cope as I have no family here at all.  they are a 4 hour drive away so we do get to see them a few times a year.  The army will also fly DH home 4 times a year.   I am scared but at the same time I am at peace with my decision.  DS's needs have to come first.  But I know that this is going to be really really hard.  DD 8  knows that daddy is going and she is surprisingly ok with it.  but time will tell when he actually leaves.  DS  7  I am not sure what he will think of it.  He can not speak so understanding what is going on in his little mind is impossible :(  I do know that when DH has been away for extended periods before he has gotten really aggressive.   So I am expecting to be his punching bag for a while!!  which I know is really bad but sometimes he cant control his emotions and it is so hard for him whithout being able to communicate.  I just hope we can all make it through.  DH is applying for jobs here but they are few and far between. :( 

by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM

If its for 3 yrs you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Stay stronge momma best wishes for you! 

mackiebugsmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'm sorry :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting crescentstar2:

If its for 3 yrs you know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Stay stronge momma best wishes for you! 

Thanks!!   I am just worried about it, as anyone would be...  bloody army!!!  sometimes I really really hate it.  DD will be nearly 12 when he gets back. (she is 9 in Feb)   I worry what it will do to their relationship.   

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM
That sucks. But didnt u post this a month or so ago?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Is this the American Army or the Australian Army?

If its the American Army, your son should be enrolled in the EFMP. That would protect your husband from being sent to duty stations where there is no care for the child. Also, if you guys can not go, it should only be for one year, not three. 

livric
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Quoting mackiebugsmom:

I'm sorry :(

me too  :(  but what do ya do!!  gotta do what ya gotta do I suppose.....

crescentstar2
by Anne on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Skype as much as possible. My dh works away from us and is gone 2 weeks at a time. It's an adjustment and yours will probably be harder than mine, having a special needs son. You can do it though. Dh and I text, talk, Skype as much as we can. Makes it easier for all 4 of us.

Quoting livric:

Quoting crescentstar2:

Thanks!!   I am just worried about it, as anyone would be...  bloody army!!!  sometimes I really really hate it.  DD will be nearly 12 when he gets back. (she is 9 in Feb)   I worry what it will do to their relationship.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but how can separating your kids from their father be in their best interest? I would personally prefer to find new doctors , live in a smaller house or whatever I need to do to keep the family together. It will affect them.

livric
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting Fields456:

That sucks. But didnt u post this a month or so ago?

lol, no that was his deployment.    Then yeah he was getting posted out then he said no, he was going to discharge, he could not leave us blah blah blah.   then they offered him a different posting and he begged me to come with him so thats when I said yeah ok, and looked into it,  we even had a house picked out.  But in the end I could not do it.  It has been so stressfull since he returned from his deployment in August.   but now it is final.  which I am at least happy about.  I was sick of living in limbo!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I'm sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)