Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH shot our neighbors dog today..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
3 moms liked this
He is a police officer and keeps a gun on him 24-7. DD, DH an I were playing outside today and the dog ran at DD and attempted to bite her. After I picked her up, he shot the dog. I am upset, not because he protected our daughter but because our neighbors are extremely redneck and quite frankly I am afraid they will attempt to do something while I am home alone. I have been having anxiety since this has happened. Its completely ridiculous.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM
He did the right thing. Don't stress too much!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
10 moms liked this
If you already had your kid and she was safe, I do not think he shoulda shot the dog. IMO!
ack86
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Do you have other guns at the house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this

What does extremely redneck mean?

Destiny907
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I know what you mean about revengeful people! I pray they will not do anything!!!!!! Pray hard.

I love dogs myself, but I see so many people who should not own them- they think it's "cool" to have an agressive dog.   Which becomes a time bomb.  

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM
13 moms liked this

A true redneck would not be mad and had they been out there they would have shot the dog themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM

It's good to hear that this agressive dog was taken out.

I would contact an attorney and send a nastygram to the redneck neighbor....  make something up, agressive dog...  yadda yadda, trespass, traumatic event ... whatever.

Remember, they are rednecks, hence - stupid. 

They will back away if they think the law is against them.

TarantulaTress
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
This.

Quoting bmw29:

A true redneck would not be mad and had they been out there they would have shot the dog themselves.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maass1981
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

My brother's dog got shot by a neighbor for chasing his cattle.  I think your daughter is more precious than any farm animal is, so your husband is completely justified in what he did.  I hope that your neighbors can understand that.  Hopefully they will think about the situation wth their own children in mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We have no trespassing signs up- so incase the PEOPLE were to come on our property for any reason. It would be illegal. ( answer to comment above)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured