Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH shot our neighbors dog today..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is a police officer and keeps a gun on him 24-7. DD, DH an I were playing outside today and the dog ran at DD and attempted to bite her. After I picked her up, he shot the dog. I am upset, not because he protected our daughter but because our neighbors are extremely redneck and quite frankly I am afraid they will attempt to do something while I am home alone. I have been having anxiety since this has happened. Its completely ridiculous.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (131-139):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:42 AM
This is pretty much what i was going to say.

Quoting bmw29:

A true redneck would not be mad and had they been out there they would have shot the dog themselves.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Dont let this get to you. Some people are too stupid to pay any attn to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well thankyou for wishing our life is now miserable because of something my husband did. I also hope, karma turns and bites you and your children in the ass for being a bitch to this extent.. On cafemom.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Keara20:

You guys are dicks, really? Giving her shit about her husband carrying a gun. What if he would have hurt the kid or possibly killed her? Then you all would be like "well he's a cop, why didnt he have a gun?" Never Fucking happy.

He could have shot his own kid by accident, you idiot numb nut. What kind of freak wears a gun when he's playing with his kid for christ sake. Even if there was no dog incident, he could easily shoot his kid by accident BECAUSE he wears a loaded gun. The dog had backed off according to the OP but her trigger happy husband shot the dog anyway. That gives you a good idea of his kill first ask questions after, mentality. 

I hope the retaliation they get for killing the dog makes their live miserable as hell. Jesus christ, talk about a dysfunctional family. If their DD makes it to adulthood without being shot to death by her own trigger happy father, she'll be damn lucky.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I have shot a total of 6 of my neighbors dogs in the 4 years they have lived here. They always try to get our cows. They are city folk and have tried to be revengeful, but have yet to succeed. Your DH did right, any dog that attempts to harm a child even once, should be shot immediately. And I say this also because, I shot my own dog that I had had for 5 years when DD1 was about 1 1/2 he tried to bite her, I shot him then and there, called DH at work told him I shot him and drug him to the pasture where I couldn't see him. Dh came home buried him and held me while I cried. I am extremely redneck and you see I have no problem with shooting my own pet that tries to harm a child.
Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well thankyou for wishing our life is now miserable because of something my husband did. I also hope, karma turns and bites you and your children in the ass for being a bitch to this extent.. On cafemom.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Keara20:

You guys are dicks, really? Giving her shit about her husband carrying a gun. What if he would have hurt the kid or possibly killed her? Then you all would be like "well he's a cop, why didnt he have a gun?" Never Fucking happy.

He could have shot his own kid by accident, you idiot numb nut. What kind of freak wears a gun when he's playing with his kid for christ sake. Even if there was no dog incident, he could easily shoot his kid by accident BECAUSE he wears a loaded gun. The dog had backed off according to the OP but her trigger happy husband shot the dog anyway. That gives you a good idea of his kill first ask questions after, mentality. 

I hope the retaliation they get for killing the dog makes their live miserable as hell. Jesus christ, talk about a dysfunctional family. If their DD makes it to adulthood without being shot to death by her own trigger happy father, she'll be damn lucky.

Your husband wears a loaded gun when he plays with your daughter, that makes him a stupid careless fool. You condone his wearing a loaded gun when he plays with your daughter, that makes you an even bigger careless fool. With the exception of your daughter, who may or may not live to adulthood because of you & your husbands insane thinking its okay to wear a loaded gun when playing with her, a life of miserable hell is all the two of you deserve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM
And your children as well.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting Keara20:

Your husband wears a loaded gun when he plays with your daughter, that makes him a stupid careless fool. You condone his wearing a loaded gun when he plays with your daughter, that makes you an even bigger careless fool. With the exception of your daughter, who may or may not live to adulthood because of you & your husbands insane thinking its okay to wear a loaded gun when playing with her, a life of miserable hell is all the two of you deserve.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM
So your "what if" is ridiculous as well.

Quoting Keara20:

Guess what, it didn't. And he's a cop im sure the safety was on. What if. Lol please.

Quoting Anonymous:

What if his gun discharged while playing and he accidentally shot his daughter?

Quoting Keara20:

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM
Your what if didn't even happen!

Quoting Anonymous:

So your "what if" is ridiculous as well.

Quoting Keara20:

Guess what, it didn't. And he's a cop im sure the safety was on. What if. Lol please.

Quoting Anonymous:

What if his gun discharged while playing and he accidentally shot his daughter?

Quoting Keara20:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Okay.....so a dog running means IT IS going to attack?   I've had and seen a lot run towards other people for attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm, did you not read where the dog came running? So, they are to just chance the dog attempting to bite soneone else? Dumb!

Quoting malibucj:

I'm glad your daughter is safe. But if the dog did not actually bite her and you had her and she was safe, shooting the dog was unnessacery. I'd be glad the girl was okay, but I'd still be furious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM

See stuff like that i can understand my husband will carry if we are out and about but never when he is home playing in our back yard especially with our kids...

Quoting JenB1983:

My dad has been a cop for 25 years.....and ALWAYS has at least his service weapon on him. Church, out to dinner, mowing the yard, feeding the chickens...... It's just an extension of him at this point. Now, if he was wrestling or horse playing with myself, siblings, kids, etc; he would take it off. But it was still in grabbing distance.

Quoting Anonymous:

I
will agree that your husband did the right thing, but as a LEO wife you
seriously let him carry a gun while playing in your own backyard with
your kids??? A BIT EXTREME if you ask me... what is he afraid of? o btw
im a leo wife also and my husband and alot of others who i know refuse
to have their guns on them while playing with children smdh..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN