Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH shot our neighbors dog today..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He is a police officer and keeps a gun on him 24-7. DD, DH an I were playing outside today and the dog ran at DD and attempted to bite her. After I picked her up, he shot the dog. I am upset, not because he protected our daughter but because our neighbors are extremely redneck and quite frankly I am afraid they will attempt to do something while I am home alone. I have been having anxiety since this has happened. Its completely ridiculous.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Replies (61-70):
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Holy shit, is it really necessary to bicker over the definition of "redneck"? 

Anyway, your husband did the right thing, although I can see why you are concerned. Hopefully the fact that he is a police officer will deter them from doing something stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Ugh, the deer! I tore my ACL when my dog took off after two deer while still on his runner, that was an expensive deer haha!

Quoting Anonymous:

Chasing cattle is totally normal. My whole community is always loosing our dogs because they chase deer! ( we have more deer than people)

Quoting maass1981:

My brother's dog got shot by a neighbor for chasing his cattle.  I think your daughter is more precious than any farm animal is, so your husband is completely justified in what he did.  I hope that your neighbors can understand that.  Hopefully they will think about the situation wth their own children in mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM
He's a police officer. We had an aggressive pit bull in our yard, we called animal control and they sent the cops to shoot it.

Quoting jamminmomma:

Should have called Animal Control officer not done this himself... just my opinion..

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I hate the sterotyping of rednecks. We are not ignorant backwoods dumbasses. Now hillbillies. I would say all that about hillbillies lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Redneck = stupid

Yes, I'd say it is.

I myself am a redneck and am far from stupid.
I thought we were adults, shouldn't adults know better than to generalize an entire group of people?

Quoting Anonymous:

That is not really needed. Is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

You're an ignorant bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's good to hear that this agressive dog was taken out.

I would contact an attorney and send a nastygram to the redneck neighbor....  make something up, agressive dog...  yadda yadda, trespass, traumatic event ... whatever.

Remember, they are rednecks, hence - stupid. 

They will back away if they think the law is against them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I will agree that your husband did the right thing, but as a LEO wife you seriously let him carry a gun while playing in your own backyard with your kids??? A BIT EXTREME if you ask me... what is he afraid of? o btw im a leo wife also and my husband and alot of others who i know refuse to have their guns on them while playing with children smdh..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Im glad he has his gun. What if the dog wouldve gotten ahold of her?

Quoting Anonymous:

I
will agree that your husband did the right thing, but as a LEO wife you
seriously let him carry a gun while playing in your own backyard with
your kids??? A BIT EXTREME if you ask me... what is he afraid of? o btw
im a leo wife also and my husband and alot of others who i know refuse
to have their guns on them while playing with children smdh..

sparkle_monkey
by Silver Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Most definitely... However, in MOST places dos labeled as aggressive are put down if thu are picked up. What I meant was that with the current owners and conditions it would continue to attack.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know many "rehabilitated" dogs; mine being one of them. 

Not a mean bone in his body (unless you count the locust he killed when it got into my house); typically the behavior is a product of their surroundings & treatment.

Quoting sparkle_monkey:

Once a dog attacks it will continue to, especially if it is not restrained properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you 100% sure the dog was attacking?

Why shoot the dog once you & your child were safe? Was he continuing to attack? 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Honey boo boo Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

What does extremely redneck mean?

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
  1. Your DH is a trigger happy ass. He's an even bigger ass for wearing a gun 24/7, ESPECIALLY when he's around your DD. I hope your neighbors sue the shit out of your husband. Theres other ways of stopping dogs without resorting to killing them. Seriously, what kind of freak creep wears a gun when hes playing with his kid? 
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Im glad your daughter is safe and she didn't get hurt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)