Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you Borrow Money From SO?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I haven't worked since having our daughter in March, I've been living off my tax return to pay my bills and such. I'm running out and just got hired for a job but haven't started. (2 more weeks!)

So today I ask SO if he could spare twenty bucks ($20) for gas he says "yes, till when"?  As in when will I be paying him back?

I really didn't think it was that big a deal asking for a little money till I get a pay check. Am I wrong for not expecting to OWE him the money? I know he pays all the bills in the house, but the only reason I wasn't working for so long was becasue he switched his job shift (claiming that he would get more hours so he would have more money) making it harder for me to find a job around the kids.

I got a job and haven't started yet. I'm not lazy and sit around the house, I go to school online, cook clean and run errands for him. I don't ask for money generally. Hell yesterday I had to super glue my sneakers back together. My skin peeled for 2 weeks before I could get money to  get the proper lotion. I just feel that I shouldn't OWE him anything as far as the $20. Am I wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM
No never, we do sometimes borrow from our savings. But that's not often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM
3 moms liked this
It is our money. Start billing him.... charge a fee for laundry, cooking, child care ..... whatever
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

well, dh and i look at it as whatever money comes in is both of ours (unless it was like a bday present). he has supported me in the past, i have supported him. if one of us needed gas in our car we got it, no matter WHO made that money.

thehickinhickor
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Most of the money is our money.however our fun money is budget out and we keep it apart he borrows from me all of the time drives me nuts but for our personal care stuff and house hold stuff that comes out of our money
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM
Same here...minus the married part...

Quoting MixedCooke:

well we are married so his money is my money and my money is his money.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Quoting AMCMSM:

It is our money. Start billing him.... charge a fee for laundry, cooking, child care ..... whatever

good idea!

HisMommy4Ever
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Okaaay wtf? Why would you have to pay him back? he's your husband right? it should be both of your guy's money. That's messed up. I don't even get money from my SO but he would not do that to me. He buys me the things I need. And if I had a car we would both make sure we have gas...but he would never tell me to pay him back...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM
Wow u are crazy I'm sorry but we both work and my money is mine his is his . Ofcourse we buy stuff for each other but I am a grown woman and keep my money in my wallet we have,a joint account though.
CheyanneW
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM
Yes I do borrow money from DH on occasion. He also asks me when I will pay him back. We spent 13 yrs with a joint account and always fought about money. Two years ago we got separate accounts and haven't fought since. It's the best thing we ever did. His base pay is higher than mine but I bring home more. So I pay a bigger share of the bills.
gravercem
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Nope its our money.  I never understood his and her money, if you are in a relationship and living together then it should be "our" money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN