Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you Borrow Money From SO?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So I haven't worked since having our daughter in March, I've been living off my tax return to pay my bills and such. I'm running out and just got hired for a job but haven't started. (2 more weeks!)

So today I ask SO if he could spare twenty bucks ($20) for gas he says "yes, till when"?  As in when will I be paying him back?

I really didn't think it was that big a deal asking for a little money till I get a pay check. Am I wrong for not expecting to OWE him the money? I know he pays all the bills in the house, but the only reason I wasn't working for so long was becasue he switched his job shift (claiming that he would get more hours so he would have more money) making it harder for me to find a job around the kids.

I got a job and haven't started yet. I'm not lazy and sit around the house, I go to school online, cook clean and run errands for him. I don't ask for money generally. Hell yesterday I had to super glue my sneakers back together. My skin peeled for 2 weeks before I could get money to  get the proper lotion. I just feel that I shouldn't OWE him anything as far as the $20. Am I wrong?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 14, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

His money is my money as well.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Even before dh and I were married we shared money..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM
I'm sorry. I stopped reading your post after he asked when u were gonna pay him back...

I don't borrow money from my husband. We share debit cards and sometimes if I need cash and he has it the only thing I'm asking him is "where's your wallet?" Ask my ass we're married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kag1212
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM
His money is mine, and mine is mine, so hell no.
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM
No, we share. It's ours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Its ours.
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:58 AM
That wouldn't fly with us. What's mine is ours, and what's his is ours as well.
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:01 AM
No... He's my husband and even before that If I needed it and he could spare it I was mine with not expectations of being payed back and vice versa unless it was given from a sum that was set aside for a bill or something like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daiseymae2
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Wow. When I got pregnant with out oldest together, we weren't married. He encouraged me to quit my job and be a SAHM. We didn't get married until DD was 7 months old. He supported us and my oldest(not his) for over a year. He gave me money willingly with no intention of getting anything back.

kbornman21
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:06 AM
His $ is my $ and vice versa
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured