Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will young marriages fail?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you think people that get married when they are young are doomed?  I got married at19.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I believe most marriages that young Absolutely fail, or require a separation at some point during the marriage since there will most likely be a time where one person feels as if they "missed out" on adult single/dating life.

However, screw real life factual statistics. This is cafemom, where everyone here is the exception so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get quoted about how they've been married since 18 and everyone is all honkey dorey...
dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Hi!! Lol You two will be together forever. Lol

This except I was 18 almost 19 and my husband was 25.

Quoting lanys_mom:

I got married at 19.. we've been married for 6 years already..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

50% of all marriages fail, that's what I think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it more depends on the people involved vs the ages
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I got married at 20 and we just celebrated our 17th anniversary a couple of weeks ago!!

lullabylily
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
It really depends on the couple, if you are ready to marry then you are ready to commit and take resposibility even if you are so young ... Not everyone are like those reality tv teen mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Any marriage can be doomed. I got married at 18 he was 20, we have been through our fair share of hard times but here we are 10 years later and still in love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I get sick of people treating me like its just a matter of time before my marriage fails cause I married young. Sounds like the ranting if bitter miserable women!!!
We met at 15 , dated long distance for 2 years and married when in was 18.
Had our first child at 19. And that's another thing. Every time they hear my age at marriage they assume it must have been some shotgun wedding. Definetely not!
Sry. Not ranting at you it's just frustraighting.
We have been married 7 years and are ridiculously happy together with 2 beautiful boys.

I'm not saying its not hard at times, we have had our rough times between military life then opposite shifts and financial strains but you work together, communicate, love each other for better or worse, work as a team and you can get through anything.

Seriously this is infuriating!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM
I think it totally depends on the two individuals that are involved in the relationship, how mature you are, and how serious you are about the marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Quoting beeky:

The odds are against young marriages succeeding, but that doesn't mean they won't.

The odds are against long distance relationships too, but mine worked out.

I got married at 20 and we also had a long distance relationship when we were dating and we just celebrated our 17th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. I think if it's meant to be, those things don't matter.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN