Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will young marriages fail?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you think people that get married when they are young are doomed?  I got married at19.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I for one don't feel like I missed anything. I had dated plenty before getting married at 18. My husband who was 25 had already dated and experienced things too. We've been married almost 30 years and never once felt the need to separate.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe most marriages that young Absolutely fail, or require a separation at some point during the marriage since there will most likely be a time where one person feels as if they "missed out" on adult single/dating life.

However, screw real life factual statistics. This is cafemom, where everyone here is the exception so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get quoted about how they've been married since 18 and everyone is all honkey dorey...
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I got married at 19 and we've been together for 11.5 years. I think that some work and some don't. It depends on the people involved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
I got married at 19, have been married for 14yrs. No I don't think all are doomed to fail. Many yes because so many are willing to walk out rather then stay and work things out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Great. You're an exception.

*hand claps*
Quoting Anonymous:

I for one don't feel like I missed anything. I had dated plenty before getting married at 18. My husband who was 25 had already dated and experienced things too. We've been married almost 30 years and never once felt the need to separate.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe most marriages that young Absolutely fail, or require a separation at some point during the marriage since there will most likely be a time where one person feels as if they "missed out" on adult single/dating life.

However, screw real life factual statistics. This is cafemom, where everyone here is the exception so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get quoted about how they've been married since 18 and everyone is all honkey dorey...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanys_mom
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Hopefully we will!! We've been together for nine years.. it isn't easy though I can say that.

Quoting dipsetgrl06:

Hi!! Lol You two will be together forever. Lol

This except I was 18 almost 19 and my husband was 25.

Quoting lanys_mom:

I got married at 19.. we've been married for 6 years already..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Any marriage can be doomed regardless of age.
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Doomed? No...not doomed....i forget the exact percentage....but, people who do marry young tend to have harder times in their marriage and odds are against them.

but, i would not say doomed...i know plenty of folks who have been together since highschool and are still going strong.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

for the most part yes.

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Been with him since I was 18, been together 21 years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM

things were different thirty years ago too. people were more matue at that age then they are now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)