Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will young marriages fail?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you think people that get married when they are young are doomed?  I got married at19.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM

We got married sixteen years ago, about six weeks before I turned eighteen.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I don't think so. My parents were married at 19 and 20 and that was over 40 years ago and they are still together. I'm only 23 and getting married next July...he's 27, but still. I don't think we're doomed either and we're pretty young.

AleaKat
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM
2 moms liked this
If you want statistics then google it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol me too. Sometimes I wonder the intellectual ability of this group. They are almost incapable of forming a statistical opinion outside of personal experience

Quoting Anonymous:

Statistically yes. Because most young people are immature. I knew this post would be full of "I got married at _____teen years and we're still married" comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM

You knew this post would be full of people giving their relatable experience as a response?

Quoting Anonymous:

Statistically yes. Because most young people are immature. I knew this post would be full of "I got married at _____teen years and we're still married" comments.

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM
My parents married at 20 and 22. They have been happily married for 30 years now :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol me too. Sometimes I wonder the intellectual ability of this group. They are almost incapable of forming a statistical opinion outside of personal experience

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm really sorry it bothers you that my personal experience doesn't go along with the statistics but I'm not going to lie about my marriage just to make the pessimists feel better. No, our marriage isn't perfect. There is no such thing. We have our ups and downs just like anyone else but we work through them. I don't know why it's so hard to believe that people CAN get married and actually STAY married for life.

Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You knew this post would be full of people giving their relatable experience as a response?

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently, those of us that got marrried young and are still married are supposed to lie in order to make the gloom and doomers feel better.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Some, sure. All of them, no. Got married when I was 18.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaDee83
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Not as a rule of thumb, but I feel like people are (usually) less willing to compromise and have healthy relationships when they are young. This isn't a bad thing - it's ok to be "selfish" when you are younger, as you are trying to figure out who you are and what you really want in life. So, no, I don't think they are all doomed across the board, but I think that it's likely that most of them will not last.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I also got married young, we are still together. Comments like these baffle me. Does the poster expect that OP wanted ONLY statistics? If so wouldn't Google have been faster and more reliable?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently, those of us that got marrried young and are still married are supposed to lie in order to make the gloom and doomers feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN