Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's going to be a long cold winter ahead...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
My very one and only last pair of jeans tore to the point of no return last night. I AM SCREWED. All I have left is 2 pairs of shorts. I AM BEHIND ON THE BILLS (thanks DH) and we are flat broke even though I work my butt off. I would have had the extra cash last week to buy a new pair, but I bought my kiddos some clothes instead. Anyway...thanks for reading. I JUST needed to tell someone.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
How about a second hand shop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I would try scraping some even alittle money together and trying maybe a salvation army. That is where I have gotten alot of my jeans for as low as 35 cents. Try to find out when they have their half price days and go that day i do it all the time because i would rather spend the money on my children and then realize i have nothing to wear. Good luck i hope you can get some pants.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Do you have a few DVD's you could trade at Good Will or something? Offer them a trade for old kid clothes or something? If you bought new ones I'm guessing you have ones they don't fit in anymore.

hplesha
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I save my spare change for reasons like this. Thrift shops have pretty decent jeans and it's something to get you by until you have the money to get a pair you like
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM
That's the only pace I buy clothes...still can't afford any.. Literally every penny of my next chack goes straight to bills.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
There is no salvation army near by.

Quoting mommy404204:

I would try scraping some even alittle money together and trying maybe a salvation army. That is where I have gotten alot of my jeans for as low as 35 cents. Try to find out when they have their half price days and go that day i do it all the time because i would rather spend the money on my children and then realize i have nothing to wear. Good luck i hope you can get some pants.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
What did your husband do to put you behind on your bills?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's the only pace I buy clothes...still can't afford any.. Literally every penny of my next chack goes straight to bills.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

What size do you wear?

DEJavu17
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I just bought a pair of Levis at goodwill for $6
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Where do you live and what size do you wear? Maybe someone near by has some extra pants I do if you live in my area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)