Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's going to be a long cold winter ahead...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
My very one and only last pair of jeans tore to the point of no return last night. I AM SCREWED. All I have left is 2 pairs of shorts. I AM BEHIND ON THE BILLS (thanks DH) and we are flat broke even though I work my butt off. I would have had the extra cash last week to buy a new pair, but I bought my kiddos some clothes instead. Anyway...thanks for reading. I JUST needed to tell someone.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:54 AM
How about a second hand shop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy404204
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I would try scraping some even alittle money together and trying maybe a salvation army. That is where I have gotten alot of my jeans for as low as 35 cents. Try to find out when they have their half price days and go that day i do it all the time because i would rather spend the money on my children and then realize i have nothing to wear. Good luck i hope you can get some pants.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Do you have a few DVD's you could trade at Good Will or something? Offer them a trade for old kid clothes or something? If you bought new ones I'm guessing you have ones they don't fit in anymore.

hplesha
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:59 AM
I save my spare change for reasons like this. Thrift shops have pretty decent jeans and it's something to get you by until you have the money to get a pair you like
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:02 AM
That's the only pace I buy clothes...still can't afford any.. Literally every penny of my next chack goes straight to bills.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
There is no salvation army near by.

Quoting mommy404204:

I would try scraping some even alittle money together and trying maybe a salvation army. That is where I have gotten alot of my jeans for as low as 35 cents. Try to find out when they have their half price days and go that day i do it all the time because i would rather spend the money on my children and then realize i have nothing to wear. Good luck i hope you can get some pants.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
What did your husband do to put you behind on your bills?

Quoting Anonymous:

That's the only pace I buy clothes...still can't afford any.. Literally every penny of my next chack goes straight to bills.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

What size do you wear?

DEJavu17
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I just bought a pair of Levis at goodwill for $6
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Where do you live and what size do you wear? Maybe someone near by has some extra pants I do if you live in my area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN