Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I signed a petition to secede

Posted by   + Show Post

I want Texas to secede.  I live in Kansas.  Let them...lol.  Border Patrol is federally funded. We can pull that out and save some money.  Tons of drugs come through Texas.  The state likes to put mentally retarded people to death for crimes they don't understand. The state has a ton of bigots.  Why fight it?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I think we would do just fine!!!!  It would take some time to really get started but, I think we could maintain..... much better than what this country has done for us.....I believe our ideals would get us in a better position.  Especially when the current clown that is running the country and all the rest get out of our way and let us take care of ourselves!!!!!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Do you feel your state could maintain the way of life you want to live with zero government funding?  If you have money, your taxes would be raised ridiculously high and if you don't, PA would be cut.  States rely a lot on federal funding.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've always said that I want the south to succeed and be our own little country.... I am NOT against it.  i am not in Texas but another Southern state.  I would sign.  It'll never happen though!

do11face
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Well, there are bigoted moronic people in every state. We don't own the market on that one. I've never lived anywhere else but I certainly don't hate my life or living here and I am a feminist liberal atheist. Pretty much the antithesis of what everyone assumes a Texas is, lol.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I had a few friends when I lived there, but I really hated it.  I did enjoy it when I lived in Texarkana, but I lived on the Arkansas side.  :)  I know there are good people, but it is pretty obvious there are a bunch of backwoods babies too.

Quoting do11face:

Aw, we aren't all bad. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Then move!  You'll have many options to go to.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to be stuck with y'all crazy ass mofos just cause I live in the south!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've always said that I want the south to succeed and be our own little country.... I am NOT against it.  i am not in Texas but another Southern state.  I would sign.  It'll never happen though!

fairyjester
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM

umm because its bad for the country as a whole

TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Do you live closer to a city?  I figure the cities are much different than the areas I experienced. 

I had been pulled over in Texas and had the door panels removed from my car by police searching for drugs.  I had a cowboy chase us down the highway for miles and pulled us off the road threatening to beat my son's ass because he was dancing to Billy Idol and the guy took it as some sort of a threat.  I have met some of the most bigoted people ever in Texas.  I have lived in at least 6 different states. 

And then you have the fire ants... 

Quoting do11face:

Well, there are bigoted moronic people in every state. We don't own the market on that one. I've never lived anywhere else but I certainly don't hate my life or living here and I am a feminist liberal atheist. Pretty much the antithesis of what everyone assumes a Texas is, lol.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Y'all all need to go to tx!

Quoting Anonymous:

Then move!  You'll have many options to go to.....

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to be stuck with y'all crazy ass mofos just cause I live in the south!

Quoting Anonymous:

conweis
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM
It might be able too considering it has exportable goods, natural resources and their own power grid.
There are smaller countries in the world with less resources.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Lol, I didn't really sign anything.  My dad lives there.  It is just kind of funny that they think they could maintain everything they have as a single union.

Quoting pochaccotx:

You are mean trouser :-( *hmmph*

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM

They are a hugely expensive state though.  I am not saying they couldn't survive, but it would be hard to maintain on their own.  When I lived down there, all I heard was people bitch about the Mexicans.  On their own, they may be totally overran.  Maybe they would end up governed by Mexico.

Quoting conweis:

It might be able too considering it has exportable goods, natural resources and their own power grid.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

conweis
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM
As their own country they wouldn't have to follow federal guidelines to deal with illegal immigration which could be very bad for illegals and one UN country cannot just declare war and try to take over another UN country.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

They are a hugely expensive state though.  I am not saying they couldn't survive, but it would be hard to maintain on their own.  When I lived down there, all I heard was people bitch about the Mexicans.  On their own, they may be totally overran.  Maybe they would end up governed by Mexico.

Quoting conweis:

Quoting TrouserMouse:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM

If we can get one to secede, then Puerto Rico can come in, no change of the flag needed. I'll trade Texas for Puerto Rico. No problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured