Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the most expensive thing your kids have ruined?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My kids this week have gone insane. Normally they are calm and only make small messes. This week has been crazy. First they broke the drum set to rock band. Then they redecorated my couch and dining table with an ink pen. Lastly my sweet 2 year old left cookies in the dvd player and it refuses to work.
The drum set was an accident.
The couch and dining table wasn't and he was is grounded.
The dvd player I don't even know when she did that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Replies (301-310):
FrumpyMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM

People think I'm crazy for not buying new furniture or electronics. We have tube tv's, VHS players, record and cassette players still for a reason. If they break it, it's either gone forever or it's only $1 to replace it. Hell, people post tube tv's under free on craigslist.  They don't touch the DVD's or CD's.  We keep our computer upstairs and out of the main living area.  It may seem crazy, but I'm not shelling out $$$$$ to have it trashed within a year. My bests son demolished their flat screen twice, once by pretending to be a knight, the second; he tippe over and walked on the box that had the new one in it. So Nopeity Nope Nope. 

momofqtees
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

my son  put a plastic baseball bat through our $1500 TV.  It was dumb to my IMO but my husband really wanted it. 

marabie
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:52 PM
So far my eyeshadow palettes he likes putting it on and eating =(
firefly63701
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM

My laptop.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM

My son (he was 10 back then) stepped on my one-week-old laptop, which was quite expensive. I believe I paid about $1700 for it. The screen was done, the keyboard was not exactly functioning anymore either. 

diegosmom828
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 AM
His dsi xl. He put a lego in between it and closed it and the screen craked. Luckily we had purchased the insurance and got a new one for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:08 AM
My tummy she did a number on that! other then that make up a lot of it:/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pittiesmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Shattered my laptop screen. Cost us about $75 and a couple hours on our neighbor's youtube to fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gofast_mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Nothing, he's been really good about mommys stuff

georgeisfun
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

My nephew has damaged our cough by rocking against it almost none stop for two months. It's still servicable, by will need to be replaced soon. My daughter has ruined a couple mobile phones by either teething on them or letting them go for a "swim" in the dog's water bowl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)