Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the most expensive thing your kids have ruined?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My kids this week have gone insane. Normally they are calm and only make small messes. This week has been crazy. First they broke the drum set to rock band. Then they redecorated my couch and dining table with an ink pen. Lastly my sweet 2 year old left cookies in the dvd player and it refuses to work.
The drum set was an accident.
The couch and dining table wasn't and he was is grounded.
The dvd player I don't even know when she did that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Replies (321-330):
Candymonster
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Nothing yet...he'll get his chance though...and I'm just guessing it will be something too expensive to replace....

christina200384
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Price wise probably 20.00 emotional wise priseless. SS7 tore a huge hole in the teddy bear my dad gave me when I was born yes i still have it it has been perfect for 28 years untill lil mr T decided to tear it. I was pissed and flipped out. yes i fix it so no biggie,

Our 1500.00 flat screen the remote got thrown threw it, My grandmothers china that I got after she passed away ss7 excuse was i didnt know it would break for the tv and the china

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:27 AM

52 inch TV owned less than a month.

leota29
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM
My cell phone. DD used of for a teething toy. $250 but insurance covered it. Thank goodness!! She's not allowed near my new one either!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leota29
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
This!! Lol it was the first thing I thought!!

Quoting redvelvet42:

most expensive thing the ruined------- my figure!!!!! haha

sidesplittinglaughter

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

hmm, Well- my son went through a "karate" stage at 3. He karate chopped the tv, which caused the mirrors in the tv to break. We had to replace it. Over 1,000 there.

I ran a daycare so our furniture needs an upgrade, but I got 6 years out of it!

My son broke my 1rst laptop. My daughter poured a cup of water on my 2nd laptop. I am currently using a laptop that has to remain plugged in at all times, due to battery life is non-existent.

My daughter was standing on the stove, and we left, came home and the glass was cracked and popped out of it, we think it caused stress factors from her being a climber.

My body :(......

I love my kids but they are climbers and have a HUGE imagination. They keep me on my toes for sure!

vrbtnseele
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:32 AM
My 19 month old has yet to ruin anything worth anything. *knock on wood*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susanmomof
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:32 AM

A leather coat that was only a couple weeks old

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I actually read every reply and I said the same thing in the replies. The post made me feel way better because I'm not the only one with destructive kids.

Quoting MomVsBoys:

At 300 replies chances are no one will read this but I had to say this (I haven't even bothered reading any replies yet) MY SANITY. The very first thing that came to mind when I read "the most expensive thing your kids have ruined" was my sanity.  My mind may have technically been free the first time round but Lord it's gonna be some expensive to fix!

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:00 AM

My dd just backed into the basketball hoop in the driveway yesterday. It wasn't her fault though. I yelled out to her as she was pulling away and she got startled. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured