Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the most expensive thing your kids have ruined?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My kids this week have gone insane. Normally they are calm and only make small messes. This week has been crazy. First they broke the drum set to rock band. Then they redecorated my couch and dining table with an ink pen. Lastly my sweet 2 year old left cookies in the dvd player and it refuses to work.
The drum set was an accident.
The couch and dining table wasn't and he was is grounded.
The dvd player I don't even know when she did that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Replies (331-340):
christina259
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly nothing that I can think of (knock on wood) they are 14 9 and 3. Now my dog on the other hand he is a one dog destroying team

Omgoodness....yes. My kids have ruined a thing or two but we had two dogs that caused some expensive damage to our newly bought home. I couldn't handle the two dogs together. They were only a few months old but once my two year old got caught between the two  dogs rough housing and playing and got bit on the cheek I had to give the dogs up. I feel bad about those dogs but I had no time to train them and a two year old to think about......and my sanity.

christina259
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM

My son lost MY ipod which at the time was still expensive because it was a new one that had came out. My dd took an ink pen and made big circles from one end of our brand new sectional couch to the other. Thank goodness we purchased the stain guard treatment along with the furniture purchase. I don't know if this is why I was able to finally get  the pen marks all off. At first the pen marks were just faded when I washed them but eventually they just faded away. Two many butts scrubbing it I guess,lol.  My kids are wiggle worms.

supermom985
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

The only thing he really ruined was my 50in flat screen tv :( he threw a brush at it and the screen cracked and it costs more to replace the screen than to just buy a new tv. The tv was 6 months old and cost 1,300 when I bought it 

momsince1989
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:19 AM

my son poured a glass of water right into my $1200 laptop!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM

My walls. Ding Ding Ding everywhere...Urgh!!!

macysmom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:36 AM
A glassed in fin on my surfboard .. my 5 y/o DD ran right up on the shore on it and it snapped the fin off. That's the only thing she has broken. Besides makeup when she was a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM
My life
angy129
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

My youngest daughter dropped her Nintendo DS in the bath when she was 10. 

starbuckmom03
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Guess I am one of the high and mighties b/c the only thing my kids have broken of worth was my $1200 laptop.  It was 4 yrs old and they spilled milk on it.  It was needing to have some work done on it anyways.

Now, the twins have broken one dvd player but it was only $32 when we bought it and was almost 4yrs old when the door wouldn't open anymore.  So I went out and bought a $39 one to replace it.

I teach my kids to respect whats not theirs and leave the things alone.

My thinking is that we will start replacing the things around here once the last kid is 10 with more expensive things.  Like the rug in the living room.  I will get a new one for $150 instead of spending $500 on one since they get the rug so dirty and it will clean up so many times before I give up!  No flat screen tv for us till the kids are older and by then, the tv's will be cheaper too!  No new nice couch either.  We will wait till they are pass the sippy cup stage and possibly get a new one.  In the mean time, I will continue to take the cover off and throw it in the washing machine and it looks brand new after!  Its a futon couch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Seriously, that is sad you think they ruined your life and your not the first to say it. My kids have taught me so much in life. Even with all the ruined shit and messes. They bring smiles, laughter, and joy. All that stuff can be replaced but not my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

My life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN