Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the most expensive thing your kids have ruined?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My kids this week have gone insane. Normally they are calm and only make small messes. This week has been crazy. First they broke the drum set to rock band. Then they redecorated my couch and dining table with an ink pen. Lastly my sweet 2 year old left cookies in the dvd player and it refuses to work.
The drum set was an accident.
The couch and dining table wasn't and he was is grounded.
The dvd player I don't even know when she did that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Replies (351-360):
momof2little1s
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:52 AM
https://www.facebook.com
/ShitMyKidsRuined

This page is hysterical!!! It comes from a book-"shit my kids ruined"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM

oh the deavastation with electronics. ive taken many dvd players and  a couple tape players apart completely carefuly cleaning them with  a q-tip (takes me several hrs) and some how managed to get them working again. im talking not just cookies, but pizza, crackers, milk, juice, oh and once syrup! with syrup in it i just said fuck it and kept dunking it in and out of super hot soapy water ( i know, gasp never saturate electronics  oh nos the mother boards in them!) just stood there dunking it in and out until i couldnt feel stickyness anymore and rinsed in and out over and over in clean water   let it dry out in rack and went over it with q-tips and alchol. at 1st it wouldnt work but myseriously a week later it just started working again! oh the things that can happen when mommy attempts to go poop..... every nightmarish mess or destruction of things  always, always occured  when i took a chance  to go use the bathroom. no joke ive developed a bladder of steel, yeah i go pee in morning before they get up but if need be after that  despite drinking lots of water i can manage to hold it for 12 hrs or so if i must until dh gets home or whatever in past. but poop, well i just cant hold that back as long rofl.

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM
my laptop (got it repaired), the couches and carpets are pretty beaten up... they put a hole in the dry wall in one of their rooms.... mine are 6,4,3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Thankfully, nothing.  They are 9, 11 and 17.  I HOPE we are in the clear.  Well, I guess accidents can always happen.

luvbeinamommy68
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM

the most expensive thing? windows. i am getting 6 windows replaced because they broke the screens and locks on them. :/ they were old windows that were really drafty so they needed replaced anyway. BUT i was trying to put it off as long as i could lol! other than that they tore apart a dresser ($40) and they broke their bunk bed ($200). they have one of those old tvs in their room (i dont trust them with a flat screen!) and they dont have a game system either in their room. thats in the living room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Maybe I should!!

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should watch your kids better....

idee
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM

An I-pod Touch, she accidentally dropped in a glass a soda.

Emilytrademark
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Thank you for this!!!!

Quoting sfkdny:

have you ever went to the website "shitmykidsruined.com" - it is EPIC!! lol

BabyFruit Ticker
proudmommy35
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

It is nothing he ruined, but when my son was 4, he took our extra van key out of the drawer we kept it in and "hid" it.  He could not remember where it was, and we tore the entire house upside down looking for the damn key.  It was a newer model van, so it had the computer chip in it.  We had to get a new key made and the damn thing cost us $250.  A week later he found it....in his backpack that he had for preschool.

When my daughter was 3, she stuck my husbands blackberry and ipod in the dishwasher and turned it on.  She said they were dirty.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM
By the way my kids are normally well behaved and don't ruin shit but this week was rough. Don't judge people unless you know what is going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I should!!

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe you should watch your kids better....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)