Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this considered an emergency? UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Or something that can wait until my apartment complex opens?

There is water dripping from that and the water goes all the way to the light.

I did call this morning before they opened and the recording said an emergency is a refrigerator that went out and it's the weekend or your ac or heater went out so according to them it wasnt considered an emergency BUT I did go ahead and leave a message. 2 minutes after I left a message someone called me back and said they would come and look.

I had to leave for work but I got back at 10am and there was a note and all it said was they fixed the problem upstairs and that someone would come tomorrow to repair the ceiling. About the time I read the note the office called and asked if they could come tomorrow to fix it, she said they will be replacing the sheet rock.

So it wasnt technically considered an emergency but they worked on fixing the problem right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
I just woke up and saw that, it's actually from the shower above me and those people know how to fix the problem.

There are these two plastic thingies that they caulk onto the tub to divert the water back into the tub rather than the floor, when it comes lose you either caulk it yourself or tell the office and they fix it within a few hours. I KNOW those people know that because this isn't the first time that's happened.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

When did this happen? Do they have an emergency number you can call? I would at least leave a message. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HunternChase
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Yes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Why is it a reason to move? The people above me allowed the water to pool and cause that, this is a very nice complex and they will fix it I just didn't know if its considered an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wtf? It's an emergency and a reason to move .

Ugh gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batmansgirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM

It's an emergency

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I'd call.
T-Rentsmommy06
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

That is a major leak. Looks like it is damaging quickly. I would classify it as an emergency. Especially if you woke up to it. Doesn't look good...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Uhhh doesn't really look like a "nice" complex. There's not even a frame around the mirror. It's just a cut piece of glass nailed to the wall...

Quoting Roxygurl:

Why is it a reason to move? The people above me allowed the water to pool and cause that, this is a very nice complex and they will fix it I just didn't know if its considered an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wtf? It's an emergency and a reason to move .

Ugh gross
mem82
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Make sure that it gets dried completely before it gets sealed up or you'll get mold.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
YES
anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM

emergency

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured