Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this considered an emergency? UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Or something that can wait until my apartment complex opens?

There is water dripping from that and the water goes all the way to the light.

I did call this morning before they opened and the recording said an emergency is a refrigerator that went out and it's the weekend or your ac or heater went out so according to them it wasnt considered an emergency BUT I did go ahead and leave a message. 2 minutes after I left a message someone called me back and said they would come and look.

I had to leave for work but I got back at 10am and there was a note and all it said was they fixed the problem upstairs and that someone would come tomorrow to repair the ceiling. About the time I read the note the office called and asked if they could come tomorrow to fix it, she said they will be replacing the sheet rock.

So it wasnt technically considered an emergency but they worked on fixing the problem right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (31-40):
sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Emergency

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I'd imagine it's been building up for some time and the moisture finally caused the paint to bubble and fall from the ceiliing.

I'd wait until they open.

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

It means the person above you either overflowed their toilet or bathtub.  It probably isn't an emergency.  What water is there is there.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I called them and they said they will look at it, I had to go to work so I won't know till 10 when I get back to the house what they did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMay007
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Water damage on our leases always consituted and emergency because how bad it is, how quickly the damage can be made and how permanent it is.  

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM
It didn't come from a single shower.....

Quoting Apollos82:

I would call. That is NOT from a little water dripping out of the shower. That's a lot of water, to make it through the subfloor and cause the sheet rock in your bathroom to do that.

When did all that damage happen? I mean--was it there when you went to bed and it just appeared?

Also, IF that is from the upstairs shower dribbling over during a single shower, that is *not* a nice complex, it is cheep and dangerous to live in--that's a mold hazard and a half right there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:49 AM
So....wait. Your ceiling has been slowly leaking water for how long, now?

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Apollos82:

I would call. That is NOT from a little water dripping out of the shower. That's a lot of water, to make it through the subfloor and cause the sheet rock in your bathroom to do that.

When did all that damage happen? I mean--was it there when you went to bed and it just appeared?

Also, IF that is from the upstairs shower dribbling over during a single shower, that is *not* a nice complex, it is cheep and dangerous to live in--that's a mold hazard and a half right there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I have the same set up as they do. This isn't the first time they had to fix my ceiling because of that.

The water leaks onto the floor and if you don't clean it up and get the diverter fixed it will eventually do that. This wasnt from one shower.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Well, I can sort of understand her hesitation. Trying to be considerate and all... but maintenance men get paid big money to be on call so I wouldnt have hesitated.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know right? But I also can't help but laugh at why anyone wouldn't have the common sense to make a phone call if they are renting a place and the fucking ceiling is leaking. Smdh

Quoting anyotherday:

I can't help but laugh at snobs like you... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Uhhh doesn't really look like a "nice" complex. There's not even a frame around the mirror. It's just a cut piece of glass nailed to the wall...

Quoting Roxygurl:

Why is it a reason to move? The people above me allowed the water to pool and cause that, this is a very nice complex and they will fix it I just didn't know if its considered an emergency.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wtf? It's an emergency and a reason to move .

Ugh gross

Apollos82
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I didn't say it was from a single bower again, why are you repeating yourself and not answering a simple question? Sheesh.

How long has this water been leaking into your bathroom this time? Days? Weeks? How long before the plaster fell like that?

Quoting Roxygurl:

I have the same set up as they do. This isn't the first time they had to fix my ceiling because of that.

The water leaks onto the floor and if you don't clean it up and get the diverter fixed it will eventually do that. This wasnt from one shower.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)