Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this considered an emergency? UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Or something that can wait until my apartment complex opens?

There is water dripping from that and the water goes all the way to the light.

I did call this morning before they opened and the recording said an emergency is a refrigerator that went out and it's the weekend or your ac or heater went out so according to them it wasnt considered an emergency BUT I did go ahead and leave a message. 2 minutes after I left a message someone called me back and said they would come and look.

I had to leave for work but I got back at 10am and there was a note and all it said was they fixed the problem upstairs and that someone would come tomorrow to repair the ceiling. About the time I read the note the office called and asked if they could come tomorrow to fix it, she said they will be replacing the sheet rock.

So it wasnt technically considered an emergency but they worked on fixing the problem right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (41-50):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM
This is the first time I noticed something

Quoting Apollos82:

I didn't say it was from a single bower again, why are you repeating yourself and not answering a simple question? Sheesh.

How long has this water been leaking into your bathroom this time? Days? Weeks? How long before the plaster fell like that?

Quoting Roxygurl:

I have the same set up as they do. This isn't the first time they had to fix my ceiling because of that.

The water leaks onto the floor and if you don't clean it up and get the diverter fixed it will eventually do that. This wasnt from one shower.

Quoting Apollos82:

So....wait. Your ceiling has been slowly leaking water for how long, now?

Quoting Roxygurl:

It didn't come from a single shower.....

Quoting Apollos82:

I would call. That is NOT from a little water dripping out of the shower. That's a lot of water, to make it through the subfloor and cause the sheet rock in your bathroom to do that.

When did all that damage happen? I mean--was it there when you went to bed and it just appeared?

Also, IF that is from the upstairs shower dribbling over during a single shower, that is *not* a nice complex, it is cheep and dangerous to live in--that's a mold hazard and a half right there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I agree. A little leak isn't going to cause that much damage.

Quoting Apollos82:

I would call. That is NOT from a little water dripping out of the shower. That's a lot of water, to make it through the subfloor and cause the sheet rock in your bathroom to do that.

When did all that damage happen? I mean--was it there when you went to bed and it just appeared?

Also, IF that is from the upstairs shower dribbling over during a single shower, that is *not* a nice complex, it is cheep and dangerous to live in--that's a mold hazard and a half right there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Yes emergency.

Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I would say there has been a broken or leaking pipe in your walls for a real long time. It could be from outside ( roof, faulty siding), but looking at its location, I am going to guess it is the plumbing. It needs to be taken care of, ASAP. An emergency? Eh... Hard to tell without looking at it myself.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Yes. Not good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Are you below another bathroom, OP?

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Yes. It's three stories I'm on the second floor and all three of us have identical apartments.

Quoting Aislinn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Okay. If this is the first time you've noticed something, and it's actively dripping, and it's that damaged already, I can almost guarantee you that is NOT from a little over splash from a shower. That is several gallons of water making it's way into your apartment. That's a leak or some something worse than a shower overspill. Not that we need to be arguing over which it is....you called, and yes it's an emergency, and I hope they fix it properly....because that is black mold just waiting to happen, if they don't do it right!

Quoting Roxygurl:

This is the first time I noticed something

Quoting Apollos82:

I didn't say it was from a single bower again, why are you repeating yourself and not answering a simple question? Sheesh.

How long has this water been leaking into your bathroom this time? Days? Weeks? How long before the plaster fell like that?

Quoting Roxygurl:

I have the same set up as they do. This isn't the first time they had to fix my ceiling because of that.

The water leaks onto the floor and if you don't clean it up and get the diverter fixed it will eventually do that. This wasnt from one shower.

Quoting Apollos82:

So....wait. Your ceiling has been slowly leaking water for how long, now?

Quoting Roxygurl:

It didn't come from a single shower.....

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting Roxygurl:

Yes. It's three stories I'm on the second floor and all three of us have identical apartments.

Quoting Aislinn:

If I had to guess, a drain has failed in a shower unit above yours. Lots of times, drains will fail and water has a grand old time, ruining anything it can find. It could have been dripping for years. It may have just started, but to do that kind of damage? I would say something has been a issue for quite sometime.  And, we all know the consequences of water hanging out on wood for a long time. Mold. If there is as much damage as I suspect their is, you are going to have a big mess in your bathroom for a bit. They are probably going to have to pull the entire ceiling. Good luck and I hope I am wrong. lol

kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Yep!!! The floor above is coming through the ceiling....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)