Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this considered an emergency? UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Or something that can wait until my apartment complex opens?

There is water dripping from that and the water goes all the way to the light.

I did call this morning before they opened and the recording said an emergency is a refrigerator that went out and it's the weekend or your ac or heater went out so according to them it wasnt considered an emergency BUT I did go ahead and leave a message. 2 minutes after I left a message someone called me back and said they would come and look.

I had to leave for work but I got back at 10am and there was a note and all it said was they fixed the problem upstairs and that someone would come tomorrow to repair the ceiling. About the time I read the note the office called and asked if they could come tomorrow to fix it, she said they will be replacing the sheet rock.

So it wasnt technically considered an emergency but they worked on fixing the problem right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM
Replies (61-70):
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I'm going to say yes. If the water can cause serious damage, it is.

pampire
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I'd sy yes.  It could mess up the electrical, or there could be a serious leak that causes structural dmage.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Yes.

mommyg97
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Yes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Emergency. I would turn off the breaker too.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

if water drips through any electrical area, I consider that a possible emergency if for nothing else than the possible fire hazard when you are not home.

K9LEOWifeMomto4
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Water leaking from one unit to another can lead to a VERY costly problem and should be treated as an emergency. Glad they are getting it fixed.

nlc75
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM
If this has happened before I would at least make a complaint or ask about moving into a different apartment. How about if this happened and you were on vacation?? Not good!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM

if the water is no longer leaking it's no longer an emergency...if the water is leaking IT IS. The ceiling has to dry before they patch it anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)