Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too early for Christmas decorations??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you think ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Replies (161-168):
KristaElizabeth
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

We live in cold climates, so when there is a mild weekend in november most people put the decorations up. Some keep them up and won't light them until Dec 1st others just say f*ck it and light them lol 

KaysMommy828
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM

My family's tradition was the weekend after Thanksgiving. However, this year, we have my SD for Thanksgiving day so we won't have her the weekend after so I am thinking about talking to my fiance about setting up this weekend instead of waiting the extra week. She had so much fun helping us set up for Halloween so I know Christmas will be a blast for her! Next year, we will most likely do the weekend after Thanksgiving because her mom will have her that day so we'll get her for the weekend.

mummy1990
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I think its tacky. Like thats really one of the only things I find truly tacky, is when people are putting up decorations WELL before that holiday rolls around. It made me super uncomfortable to see more Christmas decorations at the store, than Halloween decorations...

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

It feels wrong to me to celebrate Thanksgiving with a Christmas tree up.  lol  We decorate the day after.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Cher53
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:50 AM

After Thanksgiving it would truly make me nuts.

828momof2
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM

we're going to start this weekend. dd's bday is dec 8 (3) and when i was pregnant i was determined NOT to bring out christmas decorations until after her bday because i wanted it celebrated separately. that happened the year she was born only. lol ds goes to his dad's every other weekend and weeks are usually hectic so we're getting it out of the way now to try to cut down on stress later.

faeryfrog
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM

We just put ours up last night since my parents are visiting us this week, we usually do it the day after Thanksgiving though.

AdellesMom
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM
For us, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN