Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too early for Christmas decorations??

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What do you think ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Replies (41-50):
CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I have decided to work on my garland for the stairs today. I am going to wait till my mom gets here for thanksgiving to put up the tree ( we always did the together back home) but I am adding gold deco mesh to my lite garland this year so I think it will be just warm enough to pass as thanksgiving decor too. 

I also need to add all the mesh so even if I don't put it out I need to start getting things prepared.

Since we moved to Texas I have been very out of the spirit! I think it's the weather and I hate it, this year I am you to force myself to do it. I still cant relieve thanksgivings in a week. Doesn't feel like holidays at all:((

luvmykids08_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Our shit doesnt go up until either the day before or the weekend after my bday(december 6). My kids already run in the living room every morning to the tree to see if "santa" came. Lol i couldnt make them endore that for a whole month..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2monstersmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I have been wondering and debating with myself about the decorations! All my life we waited until the day after Thanksgiving to put them up, and even my hubby did too, so that's what we have been doing. 

But all the stores are decorated already, my boys are excited, and it's my first Christmas  since I lost my parents. I have been so bummed out and I need some holiday spirit! I think ours is going up tomorrow!

illinoismommy83
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I love Christmas and would decorate now if I could... but then I would be sick of it all by Dec 15th so I wait.

The day after Thanksgiving gives you a month of decor and usually people are still angrily ripping it all down Dec 26th in the morning because its old.

MedinaChick
Never!!! I'm ready for the lights and the music
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ohdiva

I love it.  My childhood my mom always made sure we had decorations up.  I miss her.

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I used to do mine on Thanksgiving night because that's what we did growing up but I've worked retail since 05 so I have to sleep on Thanksgiving day for working black Friday. We're doing ours on Sunday this year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babujai
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Yes.  At least wait until after Thanksgiving.

semamaearth
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM

yeah, I have to wait till at least Dec. but I do love some Christmas music after Thanksgiving!!!

although, I will say, now that we're in our new house, which is an older house, big, with lots of ivy growing outside and holly, I am SOOOOO excited about decorating. it's taking everything in me not to start now. But I will wait! cuz I will be so sick of it long before Christmas comes around !

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Too early for me, but do what you like. I want to get through one holiday at a time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)